Part-23

"Hassan, I have finalised your Nikkah date after consulting with Raima's aunt. I think it's better to do it as soon as possible."
"Oh ok, when is it?"

"2 weeks later, on a sunday. I am not sure about Ahil so I don't want to delay your Nikkah because of him. Also, Hoor's father is getting discharged in 3 days so he'll be fine enough to attend with his family. Due to her father's health, I don't want to ask for her proposal right now. It doesn't seem ethical." Hassan nodded.

"Did you ask Raima?"
"She has no problem. She wants a simple Nikkah."
"Okay. When do I take her shopping then?"

"She denied. She wants to wear her mother's dress and jewellery. You can gift her a dress of your choice if you want, but don't ask her to wear it on Nikkah. Respect her choice, she'll respect yours. She'll miss her mom on that day. She wants to feel her mother close to her on her big day."

"Ok Ammi, I won't do anything like that."

"One more thing, I have firm belief and trust in my upbringing. Never let it break. Love and respect your wife. Respect her decisions. She has a tough routine due to work and studies, be her peace and make her your peace too. I will not spare you if you mistreat your wife in any way."
"I won't ammi. I won't. Trust me."

Hassan assured his mother and left towards his room. He was glad.
He went to his room and called Raima, smiled at the name her number was saved with. He gave her this name after their first encounter and when he got to know about her a little more, she was quite the opposite.
"Assalamoalaikum." Raima's voice rang in his ears.
"Walaekum Assalam, Kaisy Mizaaj hain."
(...how are you?)

"Alhamdulillah, aap?"
(Thanks to Allah,you?)

"Alhamdulillah, ammi bata rahee theen aap nikkah pr apni mother ka dress pehnengi?"
(...Mama was telling you'll wear your mother's dress on Nikkah?)

"Jee."
(Yes)

"Dress ke sath accessories waghaira bhi hain ya kch lena hai?"
(Do you have accessories with the dress or  you have to buy?)

"I have everything, Mr. Hassan. Thankyou."
"Okay phir main apka parlour me appointment hi book krdu nikkah wale din ka?"
(Ok then should I book your makeup appointment on Nikkah in parlour?)

"Umm I am not much into makeup and dressing up Mr. Hassan. I have been too focused on making my mental health better that I never really did care about it. I just don't like makeup that much. Ayesha likes it, she'll do my makeup on Nikkah.I do have some skin problems and acne nowadays and I already have an appointment with a dermatologist for that. Also, I don't want to take anything from you until I am your wife. Thankyou for asking, though." Raima explained everything and he nodded, smiling. She was so simple.

"My pleasure. Take care. If you need anything, do tell me. Allah Hafiz." Hassan sighed and put the mobile down. He loved her honesty. She was passionate about her studies and work. She hides the truth but doesn't lie at the same time. She was soft and polite for those she respected and also fierce and unyielding for the people who disrespect the people important to her. He thought of their first meeting where she did not give a damn about any deal or anything when it came to her aunt. But now when he was her husband to be, she respected him enough to not lie. At the same time, she had her own principles, the ones she didn't budge from even for him. She respects him and gives importance to his opinions and decisions without letting anyone break her morals.
—--------------------------------
"Baba, Hoor ab bas bhi kren." Arsalan tried to separate the father daughter duo. Their father was discharged & Hoor had been sitting beside him, crying since he came home. She had her family at her home, united after 3 years. Hoor finally wiped her eyes and decided to make something for them in the kitchen while Arsalan asked his dad to sleep.
(Baba,Hoor please stop now.)