Chapter 2

"Mi hija! There you are."

You turned around at the sound of your mother, calling you with such love in her eyes. You knew what to do when you saw her open her arms as you dive to the embrace of hers, "Mami! We need to help the Madrigals, their house was in bits!" 

"Casita?" You nodded as she gently cupped both of your cheeks. You never fail to feel the love from your mami, like you, her eyes hold the wonders of the world, a gentle curiosity.

She smiled and nodded, kissing your forehead, "We'll call the town, shall we?" You matched her smile and jumped around, pulling your mother to a dance

"Oh~ oh!" You hummed, as you and your mother circled around, "We call the people, to help a friend in trouble!" Singing, your mother laughed as she waved at the town, joining in.

"Come on, everyone, we lay down their load," Your mami sang along, opening her arms to the people surrounding, you held a girl the same age as you, who held another and another as you all dance around. "We are not just down the road," you added as you went around leading the youth to bring some materials, helping the adults carry the load.

You dashed and twirled, letting your dress go free as you helped here and there, you hummed along, swirl around your home. 

"Pacéra!"

 A bright smile came to your lips once more as you heard your nickname, you immediately turned around to run and hug. "Máma! You came back! Did Abuela Alma find Mirabel?" Your máma let off a chuckle, tilting her head as she pinched your nose, "She sure did, by now they may have settled with their problems, now where is my-"

"Mi amor!!" Your mami surprised your máma as they embraced, swirling around by the tackle as you laughed. They merely left each other for a few hours, yet it seemed like they haven't seen each other for years. You swooned at this since you can see the love fresh as spring. You skipped around, hearing the sounds of people helping as what a community should be, regardless of gifts or what not.

You saw them move along, and you followed holding a basket of materials as you heard the town sang what you and your mami called upon them. "Lay down your load."

"Lay down your load~" You repeated as you hummed, letting the music move your body, feeling the breeze of the melody, your white dress caught the eye of a certain Madrigal.

"We are only down the road."

As you help the children with their load, letting them chase you like it was a fun game of catch, warming the hearts of those near you, "We are only down the road~!" You placed your basket on the wagon as you twirled around open your arms as you sincerely love the unity of your beloved home.

"We have no gifts, but we are many~
And we'll do anything for you."

As you ran along with the young kids, holding a basket of nails to distribute it to the men that started to build the foundation as you lead the little ones with their tools.

"Hey-"

You never stayed in one place, you were like a warm breeze of sun ray, so genuine and sincere. You seemed that you don't care of the sights of others as long as you are to feel yourself as you.

Your mami was handling some refreshments to the people working on the contructions, you dashed but carefully circled around her as she stuffed an empanada on your mouth. You giggled before nomming on your food, skipping as a child held your hand and pulled you to a bunch of children. You heard a little shout but you didn't mind it.

You knew who they are, after all, they are the students of your mami, the school teacher in Encanto. They usually want to know your name but you kept forgetting to tell them in the course of your life in Encanto. Nevertheless you let them drag you around, failing to notice a glimpse of yellow poncho trying to follow you or at least get your attention ever since the town came to help the Madrigals.

You saw your máma give a blue print to the Abuela Madrigal, who then held your máma's shoulder as a thanks for showing her where their Mirabel was, "Thank you, Friedamour." The said woman smiled as a welcome before bowing and making her way to her daughter.

°•°•°

The stars don't shine, they burn

There he saw. The star that burns so much. So awe struck, Camilo dropped his shovel his cousin passed before grinning sheepishly to himself. He found himself following the white dress he knew of.

He had you slipped under his fingers as you never stopped being the sunshine you are. The time he left his eyes on you, you were all the way across the room, helping the people reconstruct their home. The moment he was so close to you, a child pulled away far from him.

He could hear himself groan and mutter in slight annoyance, because he was dying to know you. He was clearly intrigued about you and how could he never see you before. May be with his powers all gone, he can finally see what he couldn't before? That you don't need to shift into a person in order to establish a bond. He was used to helping people by his gift, but without it, how can he help without depending on it? Surely, seeing you bring smiles to the people surrounding you, how can he also create that impact you gave, not only to others, but to him especially? 

But nevertheless, he can spot you from a mile.

The constellations glow

As you were glowing brightly like the sun in his eyes.

°•°•°

While the town was still reconstructing the house of the Madrigals, it won't be done in a single day so they have to sleep to someone else's house. All that is in Camilo's mind was how he can ever know your name as the sun slowly sets. He doesn't particularly like to be homeless, but he have to keep it in as he slouched, walking around as he can't help with the heavy work like carrying and constructing. With all the time in his world, he decided it would be fun for him to do some detective work. 

It would be a ton lot more easier if he could shapeshift so he can show people who he was looking for, but he can't go around asking if they have seen a beautiful girl, eyes more dazzling than the twinkles of the skies, smile rivaling the stars, glow radiating like sun, right?

R..right?