3. don't pretend you don't know..we shouldn't be talking

» note » this chapter's a little weird «

• • •

[ It was the constant lies, the 'promises', It was the hardships, the old memories, It was all these that broke us apart.

It was the lonely nights, the endless staring into nothing. It was the dark void surrounding me, the hole in my heart, It was the cold days, the rainy nights, It was all these that never stopped me from thinking of you.

It was the déjà vu, the 'chance' meeting, It was the apology, the realisation, It was when you came back to me, and it was-

It was our love that got us, kept us, held us, it was our love that brought us together. ]

Jake read aloud, he furrowed his eyebrows as he scanned the paragraph for a second time.

[ "I never bothered to ask you, who was that friend you were talking about?", Juyeon pointed out casually as she clung onto his arm. Suddenly the taller tensed up, his body became rigid and his eyebrows twisted together. Minsu looked down at her for a moment, unknowingly gnawing at his bottom lip while his nervous eyes looked straight into hers. ]

He let out a huff, grabbed his reading marker, placed it carefully in between the pages of the book and chucked it on the other side of his bed.

"Wait", he said as he brought his face closer to the laptop he had placed against a pillow and studied the girl through the screen who was patiently reading through a copy of the same book.

She looked up, ran her fingers through her black hair and stared at him rather unamused before she quirked her eyebrow in question.

"What?"

"I have a theory, maybe these are Juyeon's thoughts on her relationship with Minsu", he looked at the girl to see if she was listening and surely she was but the same bored expression adorned her face, he still continued though, adjusting his reading glasses on the bridge of his nose.

"I think she's telling her story somehow. So far we're given snippets of her life and how she met him but perhaps now through the freeform movement the author has created, she's telling Minsu's story through her own eyes. Maybe it's also a foreshadowing because the only reason why memories resurface is through triggers so something bad's going to happen"

"Jaeyun-ah", she feigned sweetness, "how is all of this going to help us with our presentation if you don't even note it down? You also keep changing things. Maybe if you stopped with your endless theories and just finished reading the damned book, we could actually figure out what's going on and finally write our essay because I swear if that bitch gives us shit for this assignment then i'll-"

"Hey! I like Ms. Chu"

"That's cause she doesn't have a personal vendetta against you. You're like her favourite student or whatever"

"But she doesn't hate you!"

"She does, in fact she wants to see me fail, I get that you wanna really analyse each character and figure things out before you read the rest but we should try to finish it early, procrastination doesn't really work for either of us. Honestly, if this doesn't work I'll just watch the movie"