Why are all the hardships in her way?

Vedant Dixit

I opened the refrigirator and gulped down chilled water.

We are like two poles apart trying to find a same ground!

And it seems literally impossible!

"Bhai, why did you both come early?" Ishu asked entering the kitchen.

"Where is bhabhi? I wanted to talk to her." She continued.

"She wasn't feeling well so we came early. She's in the room. Don't talk to her now she's not in the mood." I said keeping the bottle.

"I figured. I saw she was walking with a panic striken face so I was just worried. Is she fine?" She asked.

What do I reply to this?
I don't know if she is fine or not!

"Don't worry. Go to your room and rest." I said.

"I forgot to tell you, you looked great in this tuxedo today. And thank you for not wearing the tie Kavya gifted you." She said rolling her eyes and left.

I smoothened the suit with a smile.

I know you have a lot of tuxedo's which cost more and maybe you didn't even like it but I just wanted to get something for you.

I smiled remembering how nervous she was while giving me this.

And then you yelled at her saying,
I don't understand everytime we take 2 steps ahead in our relationship you take 5 steps back.

I shouldn't have lost my patience, I know.

I don't know the fact that she wasn't ready to even utter a word about what happened irked me. I wanted her to tell me what happened. And in that I forgot that I was dealing with Sana, the girl who would rather bang her head on a wall then tell her problems.

Great way of fucking up, Vedant!

I walked back towards my room nervously.
I opened the door and I saw her sitting on the same place she sat when I left.
She just had her head bowed down and held it in her palms.

I took the first aid box and walked towards her.
"Sana." I called her gently and she looked up.
And the vulnerability her eyes held spoke volumes.

I'm really an ass!
As she says.

"What is it?" She asked and I sat sat on my knees opening the first aid box.
I took a cotton and applied antiseptic on it.

I was going to dab it on her forhead where she was hurt but she held my wrist.
"I'm fine. I don't need this." She said.

"I am not asking you." I said removing her hand and dabbed it on her forhead.
She didn't even wince. There was no pain in her eyes.
She was just constantly looking at me with blank eyes.

This is what I fear the most!
Her being expressionless.

I applied ointment and a tape on her wound. I got up to keep the first aid box back and when I came back she was lying on her side of the bed.

She's unusually quite!

I've seen her been angry, irritated but I've never seen her like this.