Special Chapter

"Ready?" Omoi questioned Maki with a smile and she nodded with a smile. He offered his hand and she linked it with her own happily as they walked outside towards the academy where Maki had been invited to speak about the war and how the experience was. Ever since the war happened everyone was a little protective over her, and with good reason too.

"Do you think they'll be disappointed, yo?"

He shook his head, "Of course not. You're a hero, after all."

She chuckled as he knocked on the door of the classroom and they released hands knowing that these children were still quite immature and would probably grimace at the first sight of physical affection. The door opened to reveal Shino and he thanked them from coming before welcoming them into the class. Maki and Omoi walked into the classroom as everything quieted down and all eyes fell to the two.

Saradas eyes sparkled as she gazed upon her idol while Boruto deadpanned and Mitsuki smiled. After standing for a little too long, Maki winced slightly and Omoi quickly took notice and requested if they could sit down, to which Shino quickly brought two chairs for them. The brunette apologetically nodded at them but Omoi only reassured them that it wasn't a problem.

Shino then began to review what they had been studying on the fourth great shinobi war and its major events and asked for Maki to tell it from her perspective. She sweatdropped at him and didn't really think that was a good idea but he insisted. She shrugged before turning to look at the rest of the class with a warm smile.

"I'm sure most of you know my name is Maki Iburi, I fought in the fourth great ninja war. My perspective on the war is quite complicated, I'm not sure if a lot of you would understand since you're still learning, but..." She sighed, "I hate war, I think that's quite obvious. I hate hurting people. In this war thats exactly what I was going to do, and it made me realise a few things. Sometimes you're going to have to do certain things whether you like it or not and you might not be able to choose how you do it but you can choose how you want to be after you're done." 

She scratched the back of her neck sheepishly, "Only problem is I don't plan that far ahead so half the time I was just thinking about how nice the ground looked."

The class laughed and Omoi facepalmed lightly. "Another thing I learned is that there will always be sacrifices no matter what." She turned to Omoi and gestured to her side to which he sent her a skeptical look but didn't disobey. He shifted her jacket to the side to reveal literally nothing and the class gasped at the rolled up sleeve.

"Whoa, you don't have an arm." Boruto blinked in shock and Sarada glared at him for his stupidity.

But Maki only smiled. "Thank you, I didn't notice."