Chapter Twenty

"Jake," I whispered, "you're home." He was angry. He was very angry. The look on his face, he looked as if he could kill someone. I looked at how Damian and I were and we were cuddled up together. Damian was shirtless and only in his boxers. Thankfully, I was fully clothes. Well, if you call shorts and a tank top fully clothed then yes. Damian had also woken up and looked kind of scared.

"Get the hell away from her," he seethed. Damian scrambled out of bed and threw on his jeans which were on the floor. He made sure he was well away from me and Jake. The thing that I had only just noticed was the girl. I assumed she was Samantha. She was beautiful, but this was no time for that. "What do you think you're doing in bed with him?"

"I- We- Um.." I didn't know what to say. How do I explain it? Do I just come out with it and tell him we're dating or do I just lie through my teeth?

"We're dating, Jake," Damian spoke up. Jake's head turned to Damian at such a fast speed. I wouldn't be surprised if he got whiplash.

"Don't. Speak." Jake then turned back to me. "Go on, tell me it's not true."

"I-it is," I stutter, slightly afraid of him. His voice was loud and I was still sleepy. I wasn't processing much except the face that Damian and I had been caught in bed together by a very angry Jake. Thankfully we weren't up to anything and just sleeping. "We're dating, Jake." After saying that, I regretted it when Jake stormed over to Damian and punched him square in the face. I screamed and jumped out of bed. Samantha screamed too and we both yelled to Jake to stop. Samantha was shocked, I could see that, but I wasn't going to let my brother pummel Damian. I ran up to him and tried pulling him off. "Get off of him!" I screamed, pulling at his shirt too. "Please, stop!"

"He's using you!" he yelled out. "I'm not letting him use you!"

"I'm not using her!" Damian shouted to Jake. Did it make Jake stop beating him up? No. Jake carried on. I tried and tried but I could not pull Jake off. I yelled for Samantha to help me and that's when she snapped back into reality. She immediately ran over and helped me to pry Jake off of Damian. Damian was in the ground and he wasn't fighting back. I didn't know how to feel about that. I didn't want Damian to get beat up but I also didn't want Damian to hurt Jake.

Once Jake was off of Damian, Samantha and I pushed Jake aside and she held him against the wall. "Fighting is not the answer," she calmly told him. Instead of dealing with Jake, I bent down to Damian.

"Are you okay?" It was a stupid question but I couldn't think of anything else to say. I held his face with both my hands. He had a bloodied nose and his eye was starting to swell up already. Jake really did a number on him. "Oh, Damian," I mumbled. "We shouldn't have done this. We shouldn't have gotten together." It pained me to see Damian like this. He was so hurt and it was partially my fault. No, it was all my fault. I was the one who had the final say and I said yes to this relationship.

"I don't regret anything, Kylie," he wheezed out. He tried to sit up and had one of his hands holding his side. "It's hard to breathe."

"We should get you to the hospital." I help him up to his feet and Jake stops us from leaving.

"Leave him, he's been worse off." How could Jake say that? This was his best friend and he caused all this pain to Damian.

"How could you, Jake? He's your best friend!"

"He's my best friend that's slept with my sister!" he yells out, his voice full of anger.

"We haven't slept together!" It was true, we haven't. I was surprised when Damian didn't push me into doing anything like that. All we did was kiss, cuddle and hug. That was it. He never pushed me into sleeping with him. Yes, we slept together but that's literally all we did, sleep. I felt sorry for Damian. Jake was throwing around accusations about him but then that's how everyone perceives Damian, right? Everyone thinks he's a player who sleeps with every girl he can find. They don't think he's into relationships and that's just how Damian has made them think. I don't blame Damian for any of this. I don't even blame Jake. I blame myself, really. If I hadn't had said yes and put a stop to Damian and I, none of this would've happened. Or would it? Would Damian and I still be together even if I said no? Would he have kept trying to date me or given up? I don't know any of that. All I know is that I have a very angry brother who's girlfriend stopping him from harming Damian, and a very beaten up boyfriend who needed medical help especially if he couldn't breathe properly!