Chapter 14

When you took the entrance exam to a College in Tokyo, you have made a decision. If you pass the exam, you'll leave Hyogo and live in Tokyo, if you don't then you'll have to postpone your dream and help your parents in Hyogo. You managed to pass the entrance exam and left the small town you grew up in.

It's been years since then, high school seems to be a distant memory that you'd seldom reminisce nowadays. Those people you have spent your high school with the most have a life of their own now, a job and career and it's rare to see them these days. So you were somewhat surprised to see one of the Miya twins here, selling onigiri.

"Senpai," Osamu said before his eyes travelled to the little girl with her big eyes staring at the menu before Osamu took the card and handed it to the little girl so she doesn't have to tiptoe to see it.

"I didn't know you have a food stall here."

"I was here last year too," Osamu said. "You know, it's a good opportunity to sell as many onigiri as I can."

Of course, you thought, even back then in high school, among the twins you've always thought Osamu would go down this kind of path. He's always been rational, business-minded even.

"I must have missed you last year, I came to watch Atsumu-kun's game back then too."

"Ah, that game when they won? He never stopped braggin' 'bout it."

And between the two, Atsumu had always been the one who never gives up, who loves volleyball a tad bit more than his twin.

You felt a tug on your hand and when you looked down, you saw Suki pointing at the onigiri she wanted. "Suki wants this." She looked back to where Kenma stood. "What about daddy?"

You looked at Kenma who tore his gaze from the floor to look up at you. "It's fine, I'm not hungry."

"Then, can I have two orders of tuna-mayo?"

Suki handed the menu back to Osamu before he prepared your order. It didn't take long until you got your order and you paid before Kenma can take his wallet out and pay for you and Suki's food. After that short conversation with Osamu, you three headed inside and found yourselves seats before the game begins.

Kenma was unsurprisingly quiet the whole time, since you really didn't expect him to talk that much, he would make occasional comments when the Black Jackals score and you realized you and him are supporting the same team. After all you know Atsumu while he said he knows someone there too.

"Woah, daddy look at that guy, he's flying!" Suki said when the orange haired guy spike a quick set from Atsumu.

"Of course," Kenma spoke and when you glance at him you saw the faint smile lingering on his lips. "He used to be a baby crow back then, he's still as interesting now."