13 | Locker

Second POV
You arrived at Second Avenue metro with minutes to spare. They must have done their research as it was still under construction and CCTVs haven't been installed. It would be a perfect spot to have an exchange without any outside eyes.

"I'm heading in, you guys better leave." I stepped out of the car with the CD.

"What? No! We can't leave you in there alone." Bill stated.

"They are not going to head in without checking the surroundings. It would be safer for me as well." You shut the door and made sure they left before going down.

With the torch on your phone, you found your way around and managed to locate locker 39. After setting everything ready and going to hide, you had an eye on the locker that everything is riding on.

You heard footsteps coming and light coming from the end of a cigarette butt. You pressed yourself as close to the wall as possible while still being able to see what's happening, controlling your breathing so as to not give yourself away.

As usual he was wearing all black. Seeing no one was around, he puts out his cigarette with his foot before opening the locker. You gulped as he reached for the CD.

The CD was placed in the middle of the locker. He took it and peeled off the tape before opening it.

A gun clicked and was placed at the back of his head. Quickly, he turned around to see who it was. "Gin! What are you doing?" He was surprised at his companion's actions.

"More like what are you doing, Vodka. You were careless." Gin said, stepping forward, bending down to pick up the cigarette Vodka threw on the ground. He was also wearing a long coat that covered half of his face.

"They would be able to tell your blood type from your saliva. And, they placed a tape because you wouldn't be able to take it off with a glove on."

"I-I'm sorry brother." He was still unable to live up to his brother's expectation. Their organisation has been very discreet so far, no one has caught wind of them and they have been really successful running around.

"The disk is still warm." He placed his palm on the cover. "He must be still near."

"But brother, didn't you kill him?"

"Pisco gave it to someone else before I killed him. I didn't find the CD when I searched his body." He took out his gun and Vodka did the same.

Gin nodded his head, signalling him to head to the other side of the row of lockers. By pinning both sides, they were trying to trap you in.

Your heart was pounding in your chest so loud that you were afraid they were gonna hear it. There was no other route to run as they were approaching closer. With each row passed, you had to think quickly.

When Gin and Vodka reached the final row, there was no one in sight. Not willing to give up, he began to open the locker one by one. "Brother! What are you doing?" Vodka exclaimed, questioning his actions.

Not answering his question, he continued opening the locker door and pointed his gun as he opened them.

Inside the locker, you could hear the doors opening and slamming close. You placed a hand on your mouth to prevent making any noise. You could feel your sweat dripping down your face as they made their way closer to you.

Lights shone in as Gin opened the door. "Yeah right. What am I doing? There's no way an adult would be hiding here." He closed the door before walking out. "Let's go, don't let anyone see us."

Not knowing if it was a trap to draw you out, you continued staying inside the locker. Their footsteps were getting fainter and fainter...

---

When Wanda couldn't reach you on your phone, she began making her way to Bill's house even though it was in the middle of the night. She can't shake the feeling that you were in danger.

Without alerting anyone, she drove to Bill's house but they weren't in and immediately knew you must have gone out for a chase. She waited anxiously for return in front of the gate, pacing around like a stalker.

From a distance, she heard Bill's engine and immediately went to check if you were in his car. "Where is Y/N?" Wanda asked anxiously.

"She went for the exchange alone!?" Wanda couldn't believe her ears when she was informed. "We have to go get her!"

Feeling more confident when Wanda was on their side, they went back to search for you. They tried calling your phone but obviously it was on silent mode. Hailey located your phone and confirmed that you haven't left Second Avenue metro. They decided to split up and search for you.

It was a huge locker room since it was going to be a new station, it was going to be one of their attraction points. Wanda began opening one by one until she found you passed out in one of the lockers. "I found her!"

"Y/N! Come on!" She checked if you were breathing. "Come on, wake up!"

You opened your eyes slowly.

"She must have passed out due to the lack of oxygen in the locker." Hailey said.

"It was a dud, they were careful too. I couldn't get anything useful." You shook your head sadly. If only Gin didn't come then you would have gotten something useful.

"It's alright, we'll try again next time." Conan said.

Posted on 29 March 2022