C49: Championship Game

Artist: Clean Bandit feat. Julia Michaels
Song: I Miss You
Album: What Is Love?

Jisoo

It's our championship game today and our captain, Jennie, is acting very strange today, like she's not in herself right now because her eyes keep wandering somewhere else.

Why does she look like she committed something bad or is planning to commit something bad?

I hope she is not planning to kidnap our dear monkey. If she is, we can't save our dear monkey because Jennie has a lot of power, and I know she won't accept ransom in exchange of our dear monkey.

I sat beside her, which made her flinch. That added to my suspicions because how could she flinch when she knows I'm walking towards her?

"Tell me, you son of a bitch, what are you planning?" I whispered to her, earning an eye roll from her. "Another eye roll from you. I promise you and Limario won't ever going to happen again."

"I will kill you if that happens." She fired back while sending a deadly glare at me.

"Jen, have you already decided between Hoyeon and Limario?" She nodded, which made me look at her with confusion. "Who did you choose then?"

"Who else? Of course, my baby monkey. " She confidently answered.

"Who is that monkey? Hoyeon or Limario? " She facepalmed herself and sighed in disbelief. "I forgot she was dumb." I didn't know if it was meant for me to hear or not, but whatever.

"Of course, the one and only baby monkey in my life, it's Lalisa Pranpriya Manoban-Kim." She replied with a wide grin plastered on her face.

"Since when did Limario became a Kim? I didn't know that she was a Kim, especially since the surname written on her jersey is Manobal, not Kim. Did her mom ma—" I didn't continue my statement anymore when she stood up from her seat, leaving me behind.

I scratched the back of my head and shook my head in disbelief.

"Aissh, this cold-hearted bitch."

My teammates were starting to leave the locker room, and I walked beside Rosé to check on her if she was okay, since I know she was nervous.

"Don't be nervous, it's just a game." I told her and patted her shoulder.

"There are a lot of famous coaches scouting us. I can't help but feel nervous. " She replied.

"I thought you wanted to be a songwriter or a singer." I confirmed it and she nodded.

"You are right about that, but I heard that the salary of a volleyball star is higher than a songwriter." She said, which made me laugh.

"You don't need a high salary since you are from a family of lawyers and business tycoons." 

She held my shoulder and leaned towards my right ear.

"The allowance they are giving me is still not enough for my food, so I need to have a high salary or else I will die of starvation." She whispered so no one could hear her.

"You don't have to worry. Just be with me and I will take care of your food expenses." I winked at her, making her blush.

Rosé isn't the type of woman who will be moved by your sweet or cheesy pick-up line, but if it's about her food, she'll blush like she's sick.