Chapter 40

Author's POV

The Sunday at Seoyeon's apartment became very eventful, especially when Eunhye got home. They have decided to let Ara stay with them while she still search for a place to settle in. Her Monday was spent nicely with Hoseok as they enjoyed lunch together. And so, the week became slow as a turtle to Seoyeon, as she was very much looking forward to their team building. Eventually, Thursday night finally came and Seoyeon is so busy arranging her things for tomorrow. Their said meeting time is 8 am, in front of the company building. There will be a van waiting to drive them to Namjoon's rest house, where they will spend the team building.

"Are you sure your things are complete?" Ara asked as she watches Seoyeon fold her clothes. "Don't forget your toiletries." She added and received a hum as Seoyeon nods.

"It will just be three days, so I don't have to bring that much." Seoyeon uttered while inserting the folded clothes in her small luggage bag.

"Will your boss be there or it's just the whole team?" Ara queried.

"It's just the team. He doesn't go with us." She answered, "Besides, I don't think he's the type to attend those. Plus the team would definitely be stiff to act around him. They won't enjoy, that's for sure." A chuckle left Seoyeon's lips, knowing the team is not comfortable with Namjoon's presence.

"I wish I could attend team buildings, too." Ara then threw herself on the bed as she stared at the ceiling.

"Don't worry. Every department has their own team buildings." Seoyeon cheered to her cousin, "There, all packed." And there she goes, putting the luggage bag near their bedroom door.

After settling her things, Seoyeon went back to bed and sat beside Ara. She reached for her phone and checked their groupchat for the team building. She lets out small giggles while reading their texts, showing excitement for tomorrow's events. This team building will definitely be a memorable one because of the prizes that awaits the winners, adding reasons to be competitive. But as she was reading, a call made its way to her screen. It's her boss, Namjoon.

"Hello, sir?" She answered, which caught Ara's attention.

(Ah, hey there. Sorry, I know it's late. Tomorrow is the team building, right?)

"Yes, sir. Is there something I can do for you?" Seoyeon then stood up and excused herself as she made her way out of the room, leaving  a pout on Ara's face.

(Do you have transportation?)

"Oh, there will be a shuttle van waiting at the company tomorrow. Mr. Son was the one assigned for that. Then about the directions, Mr. So already have the app to help us." She replied while walking pass Eunhye, who is busy watching her favorite TV show.

(I see.... Well, that's all. I hope you enjoy your team building tomorrow.)

"Thank you, sir. We surely will enjoy it."

(That's nice. Goodnight, Seoyeon.)

"Likewise, sir." And the call ended, the same time Seoyeon went out at the terrace to get some fresh air.

She gazed at the night sky, admiring the stars as they shine brightly tonight. She let out a sigh as she closes her eyes to feel the cold breeze. She can't wait for tomorrow to come.

*****

At last, it's Friday morning! Seoyeon was the first to wake up around 5 am. She spent her morning cooking breakfast for the three of them, while she hums a happy tune. Eunhye woke up later on with the smell of food and insisted to wake Ara as well. When Seoyeon was done cooking, she directly went to get ready for the trip while the two went ahead to eat. Seoyeon decided to wear the outfit that she bought last Monday, after she and Hoseok ate lunch. It's a yellow, crop polo tee paired with a white straight jeans. Since it's a sunny day, she brought a crocheted bucket hat with her. She didn't put much make-up and did her hair in a slightly messy bun. As she was about to finish preparing, a knock on the door made her pause.