Chapter 3: Justin

The day was finally over and the sun has long retired for the day when I finally made it home.

Raphael dropped me off at my house after I practically dragged him away from Oliver's secretary.

I was so worried about tomorrow, Ria's words were stuck to my brain and it didn't even allow me to celebrate my new found job cause I know I could easily lose it tomorrow.

Should I even bother breaking the news to my family? They will be happy for me but equally devastated if I lose it again.

And Sarah; my little sister. going to collage is her dream but it all went down the drain after our dad died.

If I told her about my plan to sponsor her collage education, she will be beyond happy. It would be a dream come true for her, but if I lose the job again, that dream would be lost forever.

Sighing, I pushed open the door to our apartment. Our apartment is a small room on the ground floor of the huge building. It has two bedrooms which was occupied by my mum and Sarah while I slept in the sitting room on the couch.

There is a single bathroom which we all had to share and it wasn't easy the first few years of living here, but eventually we got used to it.

"i'm home!" I called, taking off my shoes at the front door.

"Welcome honey, how was work today?" Mum asked from the kitchen where she was making dinner.

"It was great" I answered, joining her in the kitchen. She was stirring some kind of watery soup in the small pot that sat on the burning flames of the gas cooker.

My mum wasn't a good cook. Years of living a comfortable life with maids all around to help with the house chores didn't help in improving her cooking skill, but thankfully, she was gradually getting a hang of it.

"Where is Sarah?"

"She's in her room. She got insulted by some girls at school and she's crying in her room"

"Oh" I mumbled sadly. This isn't the first time she was treated like that. It has happen before.

Ever since our dad died and we became poor, Sarah has been tormented at school, but she was always enduring and saying she is okay when she obviously isn't.

It's kind of funny that my sister is going through the same pain I put others through during my school days.

Karma is such a bitch.

"I'll go see her" I walked out of the kitchen heading for her room. I knocked on the door but no answer came, so I pushed open the door, thankfully it wasn't lock.

Sarah was on her bed curled up in a ball and her sobs filled the room. Slowly, I approached her and sat on the edge of the bed beside her.

"Sarah..."

"I'm tired Justin" she cut me off, sobbing lowly "I always try to ignore everything they say and remain positive. I always try to assure myself that things will indeed turn out to be okay, But it never works for me. Everyone at school just keep crushing my hope for a better future"

I realized that they must have once again mocked her dreams of going to collage "don't ever let what they say get to you Sarah" I took her hand and squeezed it gently "common look at me"

She slowly open her eyes and look up at me and her brown eyes were filled with tears and sadness, an expression that brought a pain to my heart. I hated seeing her in tears.

"You have a bright future ahead of you Sarah, and you mustn't give up cause I am here to support you. Mum is here for you too"

"But you barely have enough money to take care of yourself and mum doesn't even have a job" she sat up on her bed rubbing her tears stained cheeks with the back of her hand.