Three Old Ladies And A Taxi

A/N: SORRY I THOUGHT I HAD PRESSED THE PUBLISH BUTTON!

Y/n Pov:

Annabeth was waiting for us in an alley down Church Street. She pulled Tyson and Percy off the sidewalk just as a fire truck screamed past, heading for Meriwether Prep.

"Where'd you find him?" she demanded, pointing at Tyson. 

"He's my friend," Percy told her. 

"Is he homeless?" 

"What does that have to do with anything? He can hear you, you know. Why don't you ask him?" 

She looked surprised. "He can talk?" 

"I talk," Tyson admitted. "You are pretty." 

"Ah! Gross!" Annabeth stepped away from him. 

I couldn't believe she was being so rude. I examined Tyson's hands, which I was sure must've been badly scorched by the flaming dodge balls, but they looked fine—grimy and scarred, with dirty fingernails the size of potato chips.

"Tyson," Percy said in disbelief. "Your hands aren't even burned." 

"Of course not," Annabeth muttered. "I'm surprised the Laistrygonians had the guts to attack you with him around." 

Tyson seemed fascinated by Annabeth's blond hair. He tried to touch it, but she smacked his hand away. 

"Annabeth, Y/n," Percy said, "what are you talking about? Laistry-what?" 

"Laistrygonians," I explained. "The monsters in the gym. They're a race of giant cannibals who live in the far north. Odysseus ran into them once, but I've never seen them as far south as New York before." 

"Laistry—I can't even say that. What would you call them in English?" 

Annabeth thought about it for a moment. "Canadians," she decided. "Now come on, we have to get out of here." 

"The police will be after me." 

"That's the least of our problems," she said. "Have you been having the dreams?" 

"The dreams...about Grover?" 

Her face turned pale. My eyes widened

"Grover? No, what about Grover?" 

He told us his dream. "Why? What were you dreaming about?" 

Her eyes looked stormy like her mind was racing a million miles an hour. 

"Camp," I said. "Big trouble at camp." 

"My mom was saying the same thing! But what kind of trouble?" 

"I don't know exactly," said Annabeth, "Something's wrong. We have to get there right away. Monsters have been chasing me from Virginia, trying to stop me. Have you had a lot of attacks?" 

Percy shook his head. "None all year...until today." 

"None? But how..." Her eyes drifted to Tyson. "Oh." 

"What do mean, 'oh'?"Tyson raised his hand. "Canadians in the gym called Percysomething...Son of the Sea God?" 

Annabeth, Percy and I exchanged looks.

"Big guy," Percy said, "you ever hear those old stories about the Greek gods? Like Poseidon, Artemis, Athena—" 

"Yes," Tyson said. 

"Well...those gods are still alive. They kind of follow Western Civilization around, living in the strongest countries, so like now they're in the U.S. And sometimes they have kids with mortals. Kids called half-bloods."