178:first day

"Mom." Amber groaned, and the tears were gone, evaporating with her embarrassment.

"Not really good...She hasn't pooped in ages—" Ezra commented out loud and Amber blushed, shooting him daggers with her eyes. He simply gave her a lazy side glance, and a raised brow as if to say, it's the truth. Then his eyes narrowed. And you have not been shitting lately, don't tell me you have the ability to absorb all your shit. You can't lie to me—

"I pooped today okay? So shhh!" She gave them all a look. God dang it. Why were they being like this?

"During your time alone?" Casper's lips parted; his brows knotted together with worry. "I told you we didn't mind if you needed to use the toilet while we were tied to you. We wouldn't have teased you about it."

"Can we not talk about that now please?" Amber begged then turned to her parents, rapidly changing the topic. "What about work?"

"We took some days off," her father replied. "Used one or two to visit you in the hospital. We're sorry for taking so long, your mom and I had to return for a few days of work before rushing over again." Her father explained, rubbing her cheeks.

"We wouldn't have been able to get tickets so quickly if not for your soulmates. They booked seats for us in first class! They really didn't have to," Her mother explained, smile stretching over her lips. Dang, she must have enjoyed that flight a little too much. Amber glanced at her soulmates noting the smug smiles, they seemed awfully pleased with themselves. "They're all such sweet men!" Oh, they were definitely on her good side. Her father however, remained strangely stoic staring quietly at them.

"You've met them all?"

"More or less. Mostly MinJae," her mother said. "There was a language barrier, so we didn't understand a thing he said but it was so heart breaking watching him cry for you! Where is he? Is he happier now?" Said soulmate waved at her shyly, bowing politely to her and greeting her parents with simple English.

They moved to take a seat at the long table, not before each of her soulmates greeted her parents personally. Sieon messed up a little, calling them 'Mom' and 'Dad' first before realising his mistake. He'd turned red, scratching the back of his neck and spluttering apologies. But her parents didn't seem to mind, in fact they looked pleased. And when dinner was served by a trembling Hikaru, the compliments that spilled from her mother's lips only increased.

"Your home is beautiful, and I'm glad you boys know how to cook," her mother practically swooned, nibbling on a grilled corn. "I baby my daughter a little too much so I didn't quite get the chance to teach her, afraid that she would burn herself on the fire. It's good that she'll be fed well. This dinner is good!"

"We had to learn ourselves as seven men living alone. Eventually, some of us picked up the skill to cut cost," Casper answered quickly in English. With the soul band tying Casper and Amber together, Oliver and Sieon had taken it upon themselves to slice up their food into easy bite size pieces. Amber thanked Sieon as he slipped her plate over after neatly slicing out barbecued meat from the grilled ribs.

The grilled meat was divine, soft and richly seasoned with sweet and sour sauce, and a touch of zest from the tomatoes and lemons. And the pasta was delicious, with cheese that was toasted at the edges and creamy at the centre, and thick slices of salty, smoked ham. The crispy bits of breadcrumbs to add to the texture was nothing short of perfect. It was completed with a nuts and peach salad. Shit. She was going to live a long and happy life. She hummed happily at the food, bouncing on her seat as she chomped away and then looked up at the sight of her soulmates staring at her.