244: THE END

"Ms Park, do you have a soulmate?"

"Fuck you." She didn't care anymore about her reputation. Ha-Eun giggled then laughed shaking her head. She would rather die than tell anyone about the bastard in the streets.

She'd met him one night after hours spent dancing in a club and teasing countless rich men with her beautiful body. She'd stumbled out of the club laughing and giggling with her friends, and she'd seen him in the corners of the alley, hunched and gaunt. She was drunk so it was not her fault when she stumbled over to him and poured that cup of alcohol over his head as she laughed at his measly situation.

He was just a fucking bug under her feet.

It was not her fault when he'd looked up at her and the stupid soul bond had ignited. Theirs was an emotional connection. Emotion share, a sharing of feelings and foreign thoughts that she didn't want, and she'd experienced his stupid fucking lust and anger in her own body. All her soulmate felt was just that disgusting need for her body and her fake tits.

She would admit that the first time had been consensual purely because of the stupid magic shit that everyone was so obsessed with. But when she gained back semblance of understanding, she'd tried to escape his grasp, crawled, begged and screamed despite the hateful burn of need in her head. That, that had not been wanted. That had been a battle of her mind with her soul.

That had been pure torture.

She escaped later, panting hard and with that same cramping ache between her legs, and goose flesh over her skin. She'd retched in the hotel for hours and hours, spent days in bed sobbing with JieMi tending to her every need. Her excuse? The lack of a soulmate. Her mind had burned with the memories of her parents. Animals. Animals. Animals.

She didn't expect to get pregnant, a parasite in her womb.

She didn't expect JieMi to find out.

She didn't expect for him to come banging at her door late at night.

He wanted money and her pussy; she told him to fuck off. And then he'd laughed at her, told her she had a vile awful personality and horrible, horrible emotions. He told her that if he wanted to he could focus on sharing those hateful emotions and force her to her knees begging for cock during an award show.

She laughed at him even though she was scared. And then he showed her that he could do it right at her front door. He turned her into someone she didn't know, someone she hated. Someone he controlled.

She didn't expect to be blackmailed too.

"You said you experienced a body exchange with Mr Wang, is that correct Ms. Pei?"

Amber was always such a goody two shoes. So boring, so plain, so good. So normal. She hadn't experienced much and Ha-Eun knew without a doubt that she was just as sheltered as the JieMi she'd met on that day. Amber didn't understand what JieMi had experienced. Amber didn't understand what her soulmates experienced.

Amber couldn't understand.

"Yes sir."

"And she told you as per the recording that she has been placing soul suppressant drugs, a highly controlled substance meant specifically for the Lonely and those with broken souls, in the food of a healthy pre-soul marked teenager."

"That is correct, sir."

Ha-Eun stood, frantic and angry, rage frothing from her lips.

"IT WAS ALL FOR HIS GOOD! I D-DIDN'T KNOW IT WOULD BREAK HIS SOULBONDS I—"

"Please settle down Ms Park."