Work

Angelina

I woke up to a blaring, god-awful alarm going off into my ear. I lazily pressed my alarm off, I got up headed and to our bar stand. After last night my nerves haven't settled. It's so weird how someone is following me and nobody believes it. I sigh as I get a wine glass and pour some Cabernet Sauvignon and take a sip, my eyes rolling back, this is the best. I sit on the couch turning my tv on, the news coming on first.

"Good morning America, today we are live at a very brutal crime scene near Underwood College University. Twenty-six year old Cooper Thorne was found dead early this morning around 1:36 a.m. by a fellow college grounds policeman." My mouth drops wide. No. Everything else the news reporter says just rings through my ears. Cooper Throne dead. That was merely twenty minutes after he dropped me off.

Tears start to dwell in my eyes as I set my wine glass down. I roll my knees up to my chin, resting my face on my knee. Maybe I could be made his lasts moment better if I had agreed to be more than a hookup. A burning rage filtrates through my body as a weakening sob rips through my throat. Browyn must've heard my cries because she walks out like she just woke up. Once she sees me in my messed up state she runs and drops to her knees beside me.

"Oh, hunny, what's wrong?" I force myself to look away from Browyn and stare up at the TV. She reads the title a put forming in her lips. It's not only the fact that he was my friend and it was only a few minutes after he dropped me off ; it's the way that note was a fucking warning. Whoever was behind it didn't want me going out with Cooper and I ended up getting him killed. "It's sad, baby, but we weren't really close to Cooper.. were we?" I just stare at her officially breaking down. I filled her in on every detail, everything about the note and me and his secret hookups, she was understanding and cradled me until my tears stopped.

"It's not your fault, Angie. You couldn't have known." I shake my head. I need to take the evidence to the police, but I just can't. I'll have to call in to work. I have to do this for Cooper, I need to bring him some justice and maybe some clarity to me.

After a few hours of nonstop crying I called in to work briefly telling them I can't come on. The lady said I was free until 2:00 which was when the meeting happened I accepted that not wanting to push anymore buttons. I walk back to my room turning my straightener on. While I wait I put on some light natural makeup trying to conceal my red puffy eyes. I straighten my hair taking sips of my wine throughout it all. I frown forms on my face when I finished it in less then 15 minutes. I'm gonna need more than this to get me through today.

As I'm fifteen minutes away from the police station I look at Browyns cars clock, 7:39 in the morning. Ugh. She was sweet and let me take her car due to mine still being at work. This should only take a few minutes or at least I hope. I've never done anything like this, going to the station and all. As I'm about to set my phone down an unknown number calls me. I roll my eyes answering it. "Hello?" I say. "I wouldn't go to the police station if I were you, mi vida." My breathing stops and I slow my car going 25 in a 40. I glance out my mirror seeing a black car in the distance. "Who is this?" I ask as my nerves race through my body. The hairs on my neck stick up as a slight sweat forms on my forehead. "I think you already know the answer to that." With the persons final words he ends the call leaving me speechless. I furrow my brows trying to figure out what the fuck to do.

My hands tighten on the steering wheel. He's just trying to scare me again. This douchebag is going under and rotting his life away in prison for all I care. Some dickweeded little prick isn't going to stop me from giving Cooper justice. I hit my foot on the gas Browyns car speeding up from my 25 to 75. I sure fucking hope there are no cops around. Cause I'd get one sure of a ticket.

I'm finally back at the dorms. I reported the box and letter and me and Coopers affair we were having together. They asked me a few more questions especially about my stalker and k told them what I knew. He was standing a few feet away while we were doing the deed, he's been lurking around watching me through my windows and the random phone call I received. They tried to trace it, but it was a dead end. Just as I suspected. They told me to call them if anything happens again. I nodded my head as the female officer told me it would be okay. It settled my serves somewhat.