✾𝟴𝟭✾

Akiro landed on the windowsill as he dropped the scabbard

Akiro landed on the windowsill as he dropped the scabbard. He pecked on the shining glass of the window. Y/n slowly opened her eyes, sitting up, hearing the sound of aggressive noises from the window. She looked towards the window and noticed that the sky was dark blue, the moon was high as it shone brightly. Then, her eyes travelled to a small bird on the windowsill. "Akiro?" she said sleepily before she stood up and rushed towards the window, opening it. 

"Akiro, where have you been?" Y/n asked, displeasure was noted in her tone. Akiro chirped apologetically, as he jumped on the sword and flew, dropping it in front of Y/n. He chirped again, explaining that Y/n's new sword has finally been delivered in the Butterfly Estate, and he also got a letter from Tanjiro. 

"Tanjiro?" Y/n raised a brow. Akiro nodded. Y/n sighed as she searched for her uniform, and dug her hands inside the other pocket to search for a snack for Akiro. She found a small ziplock bag that contained spiders. She figured that she'd collect some of the spiders she found in the woods for Akiro to eat. She went over to Akiro. "Thank you, you did a great job, Akiro," she smiled at him as she opened the ziplock bag, Akiro's eyes turned to sparkles as he realized that it was his favorite: spiders. 

Akiro dug his small beak inside the ziplock bag and started eating the small spiders, as he finished what's in the ziplock bag before he chirped brightly at Y/n. Y/n smiled back at Akiro. "You must be tired, huh?" she said to Akiro. "You should rest, I'll be out on a hunt for a demon around here. I'll be back, alright?" she said. Akiro nodded, chirping. "Don't go anywhere!" she said as she warned, before she opened her hands, Akiro flying into her open palms before she grabbed the scabbard and letter with her free hand, shutting the window.

She walked towards her futon and placed Akiro on the futon gently. "You should go rest," she said. "I'm going to change into my uniform, and I'll be back in a bit," she said, she went to the closet and shut the door, changing her clothes quickly into her cape haori and uniform, as well as wearing her boots. She stepped outside the closet and walked towards the scabbard and the letter. 

Y/n reached the letter and she ripped the envelope open, unfolding the piece of paper. 

'Dear Y/n