twenty-seven

Iris had no clue where John B, Kie, Pope or JJ were

Iris had no clue where John B, Kie, Pope or JJ were. Little did she know, they were practically in a police chase. She also assumed that Sarah was next door, but she wasn't answering any of her texts. Knowing Ward, he was probably holding her hostage. And she didn't even want to think about what Rafe was doing.

He was fine. Partially.

He needed a distraction, but he didn't want to disappoint his dad any further after just getting his approval, so, he found something to do.

He was in John B's old room at Tanneyhill, cleaning his shit out. And he didn't even realize that he was silently crying, but it made sense because all he was thinking about was Iris. Fucking Iris. He had a plan to make things okay, and he knew it would work because he knew her, but man, his heart was heavy right now. He heard footsteps and didn't bother to look up, hoping whoever it was would just leave him alone.

"What are you doing?" Wheezie asked, curiously.

Rafe rolled his eyes slightly, "Tossin' this crap."

She jumped on the bed, "That's John B's."

"Yeah, well, I don't think he's gonna be by anytime soon to pick it up, so-"

"Why?"

"Did you say why?"

Wheezie nodded, as she finally noticed that Rafe's face was filled with tears and his eyes were red, "What's wrong with you?"

He ignored her comment, going back to their John B conversation, "They didn't tell you?"

"Nobody tells me anything."

Rafe ran a hand through his hair and sighed, "Um, so John B, uh, killed Sheriff Peterkin."

And he almost believed the lie that came out of his mouth.

Almost.

"What?" Wheezie shook her head, slightly smiling, as she thought he was lying, which he truly was.

"Yeah, you smiling right now?"

"Yeah."

"I'm not joking. Like, this isn't a game." He said, frustratedly as he smacked the bed post, "I don't know why you're smiling, okay? Look at me. I saw it with my own two eyes, alright? He shot her and then you know what he did? He tried to shoot dad, but I stepped in and I stopped him, right? I saved his life." Rafe went back to packing up John B's things.

"Why would John B want to kill dad?"

"Um, because, um, he thinks dad killed his father."

"He wants vengeance."

"Oh yeah, I don't know. I'm telling you, he's, he's a maniac." Rafe said, walking to the bedroom door with one of the bags, "And Sarah has been hanging out with him."