Chapter 26

Yoongi's P.O.V.

"Hyung, wake up!!" I heard a loud shout, followed by a sudden weight draping over me. Unwillingly opening my eyes, I noticed it was Taehyung who had thrown himself onto me.

He sighed loudly while stretching out his whole body to cover mine, trying his best to annoy me. Obviously doing so, in the hopes that I would get up. It worked. I pushed him off me, and he fell dramatically to the floor.

"What time is it?" I groaned, rubbing my eyes, but refusing to get out of my bed just yet.

"About half past four." Tae stated, before throwing a pillow at me and running away. This kid. "Joonie Hyung said to wake you up! So don't blame me...."

I couldn't even reply, because as soon as I sat up, Taehyung was gone. So now that I was up, I continued to get out of bed. We have to be on the road just before half past five, I'm pretty sure. Since I had everything ready beforehand, I didn't have as much to do this morning. Hence, waking up later than everyone else.

Speaking of the members, I could hear a few shouting from up here. Mainly Taehyung and Jimin....I'm really not surprised. But regardless, I continued on with my pre-flight routine, deciding not to find out what those kids were bickering about.

I took a quick shower, and got changed into simple clothing. Just jeans and a t-shirt, nothing special. Apart from my green jacket, that Namjoon bought me. That's one of my favorite clothing items, which also goes with many of my outfits.

I then hurried downstairs, after seeing the time. It would be nice to get some breakfast before heading out. While unlocking my phone, I walked into the kitchen and looked around for something quick to eat.

Once I found something, I sat at the table, and scrolled through my phone. I looked through my contacts, and tapped on Ae-Young's. Should I send her a message? Before I could think any further however, the other members entered the kitchen, in hectic form.

Namjoon seemed to be searching for something, his passport, I would no doubt assume. Taehyung and Jimin still seemed to be arguing, with Jin Hyung and Hoseok offering support to opposing sides. And Jungkook....to be honest, it looked like he was still half asleep.

Not even a minute later, Ara and Soyeon walked in. Ara, being Hoseok's soulmate, randomly joined the debate between the maknaes, backing up Hoseok without any prior context. Soyeon on the other hand, looked more shy, unsure of what to do or where to go.

I wanted to go over to her, just to make sure she was okay. It was after all, her first time going on any sort of trip with us. Ara has been with us quite a lot of times, having found Hoseok was her soulmate only two or so years after we debut. She's had a lot of experience with the hectic mornings before flying. Soyeon however, had no clue what was going on.

But before I could even think about going over to her, I noticed Ara talking to her, and reassuring her. Right after, Namjoon checked to make sure she was alright, with his passport now in hand. So my assumption was right.

My eyes then wandered to Jungkook, who had sat himself on the seat next to me, and lay his head on the table. He seemed like he wanted to sleep, and I wouldn't blame him. I'd honestly join him if I could. But unfortunately, with there being just 20 minutes before we had to leave, I had no choice but to try and keep him awake.

"Jungkook, you have to stay awake, okay?" I shook him lightly, seeing him swat his hands around, as if wanting me to leave him to rest. "Kookie, I mean it."

Slowly, Jungkook lifted his head, nodding lightly. He looked around the kitchen, then back at me.

"What about your soulmate?" Jungkook asked. At that question, I honestly felt like the whole room went silent, awaiting an answer. "Is she coming too?"

"Ah, no....she couldn't make it." I replied, showing a small, unfortunate smile. "She has a lot of work to catch up on, and she really couldn't leave it undone."

Jungkook just nodded, and only then, I began to hear light chatter around the room again. I guess it makes sense though. I haven't talked much about Ae-Young lately and whenever her name comes up in conversation, I always try and change the topic.

After seeing Jungkook fighting against himself to stay awake, I realised just how early he must have waken up. And on that note, I also realised how early it still was. Even if I did send Ae-Young a message, she wouldn't even see it before our flight is set to take off.

With that in mind, I put my phone in my back pocket. I'd try not to think of it too much.

The ride to the airport was a tiring one. Walking through the airport was tiring too. As was our baggage check-in, security and the boarding of the plane. To be honest, the further away we traveled, the more exhausted I became.

Namjoon seemed to notice this, and kept an eye on me the entire time. He constantly made sure I was okay, up until we sat down on the plane. From there, we were seated away from each other and I no longer could feel his worried gaze on me.

I lay back, trying to enjoy the flight. This may be the only time we get to rest properly, for the next few days, so I may as well try and take advantage of it. Emphasis on try.

Twenty minutes went by. I had kept my eyes closed, but still wasn't asleep. Jungkook however, who once again sat beside me, had no trouble falling asleep. Forty minutes went by. Still, I remained awake. Now, it was only myself and Namjoon who couldn't sleep. Everyone else seemed to fall asleep with ease. Usually, I could, but for whatever reason, today I couldn't.

Another ten minutes passed and finally, Namjoon could no longer fight the urge to sleep. He too, like everyone else was exhausted and let his body and mind rest. I on the other hand, could only look around the plane, at the buttons above my head or just simply at the ground, wishing to do anything but sit mindlessly on my seat.

That's when I got my notebook out. If I couldn't rest, I may as well do something somewhat productive with this extra time. Writing lyrics would do for now, to give me something to do. I put pencil to paper, and just started writing.

I didn't get very far with my lyrics however, as I got a really bad headache only minutes later. What was going on with me? I quickly took a bottle of water from my bag, one that I purchased at the airport right after security, as Namjoon had kept mentioning to everyone to keep hydrated, as it was to be a long day out and about.

I gulped down the water, hoping that this headache of mine was just due to dehydration. That way, it would be easily dealt with. I took my pencil in hand again, and wrote for a little more, until I finally felt a little drowsy. Thankfully, I drifted off into sleep only moments later.

Hopefully, when I wake up, we'll be close to landing. That way, I can finish up the lyrics I need to for our album, with new inspiration. My mind's just been so foggy lately.

I could use something to refresh my mind, and bring back a little creativity to my lyrics.

❀