Chapter Fourty-Five: Must Watch Out

Octavia:

Buzz,
Buzz,
Buzz.

Glancing down at my phone that lay on the counter. I quickly grab it, excusing myself from the table and the weird faces I got.

I quickly answer it as I stepped outside of our room and onto the stairs.

" Long time no see Ashy" Smiling from ear to ear as I slouch against the wall next to the stairs, resting my back against it as my legs were on the railings.

" O-Octavia, oh, um.." And I knew immediately something was wrong.

" Ash, what is it. Are you okie?" Worry seeping in, as I grip the phone tighter.

" It's great to see you. I have KB here who wants to talk" And I droop. So that's why he is working himself up. KB is probably on top of him right now.
Well not literally, but you should know what I'm getting at.

" Right. Bye then I guess" Muttering clearly to myself as the line goes silent for a few seconds.

In all honesty, I feel for Ash. Hes KBs go to man. The first person he goes to when I'm not there.

Bare in mind I get sent on many missions so to say. Whereas Ash is constantly working behind the scenes.

He's like a mini KB, but much nicer and stands as a brother to me. Unlike KB who is supposed to be my father, but doesn't act it at all.

" Octavia, where are you know? " His commanding voice making a sudden appearance, sending my mind in overdrive.

"On the staircase of Shelbys school, I stepped outside so nobody could hear the conversation." I respond without a thought, my words flying out of my mouth without even thinking about it.

Not like there are 2 people who could be listening to this conversation, so I need to watch what I'm saying.

"Nothings happened that seems off has it?" A faint voice shouted in the background, as some rustling was heard before KB spoke again.

"Have you noticed anything out of the ordinary?" His voice sounding tense, urgency clearly evident aswell, as my head tilts to the right.

"Uhmm, not that I'm aware of. I've only just got up sir, bare in mind it is only 7:20." Shuffling around, pulling myself next to the stairs railings and looking down the middle.

Nobody.

" Well make sure yo- ouch" A faint voice spoke. His voice wasn't very clear, either something was in his mouth or he's far, far away.

" You need to look out for anything that doesn't add up. Anything that doesn't look right is a problem." He rushed out, my eyebrows scrunching into a ball.

" Wh-" My question getting cut of by a familiar voice echoing through the phone.

" Well lets put it this way" The man cuts off, munching on whatever he had in his mouth before continuing.

"Castillo has apparently semi- teamed up with the Vipers and are coming after you to get the hard drive that you two stole.. Well all of you did, but he has hackers and like I said before, if they are gonna go after anyone. It'll be you." Before the sound of munching was heard again.

Knowing him, it'll be walkers, prawn cocktail to be precise.

However that thought disappeared as soon as it appeared in my mind.

" K, you kidding? " Tapping my foot against the railing, the silence making me nervous for some reason.

" Sorry to break it to ya kid" As more munching engulfs my ear.