Chapter 14

Earlier...

*SLAM*

Few knights entered Owen's room and they cornered him.

"The empress called for you." One of them announced. He signaled his fellow knights to restrain and take Owen.

"Oh, it's time."

"Again?"

"Don't touch me." Owen uttered in a cold voice. "I'll follow you myself."

Of course, that time has come again.

Once a week, Owen is called by the empress to take care of her 'non-fading' beauty routine- through using Owen's magic.

Two knights covered Owen from behind, one each from left and right and two in front of him. They had to do it for safety measures.

Owen was out of the tower and they were now headed towards the empress's palace.

After a long walk, they finally arrived.

"Your majesty," The knight announced behind the door.

"Let him in." The empress responded as she got the signal.

Maidservants opened the door for Owen and he entered inside.

"I greet the moon of the empire." Owen bowed.

"Rise."

Odette Rai Alexander. Red hair and eyes. The mother and moon of the empire, the empress.

She was a originally a duke's daughter who was set as an empress candidate back in the days. She won the competition and got engaged to the current emperor- which she never set an eye on.

Raphael Dwight. That was the name of the man she yearned for, but never had.

She liked Rina's father in the first place and never wanted to be an empress. She wanted to be a duchess.

But sadly, it was a destiny that's not for her.

"How are you these days?" Odette talked as she looked at the mirror.

If you look at it closely, few wrinkles and blemishes were starting to show up in her face. Ever since she gave birth to the crown prince, she started to age quickly.

And everytime she looks at Carla Dwight, she always wondered what sorcery she used in order to make her beauty remain.

That's when she started getting jealous about Carla's beauty.

So she decided to buy this young slave from an auction since she discovered that Owen possessed great abilities.

"I'm doing fine as always, your majesty." There was no interest in Owen's response.

"Look at that face. It's getting dry and old as time passes by." The empress muttered as she stared closely at herself in the mirror.

"..."

"Well, do your thing now." She ordered.

"Yes, your majesty."

Owen walked towards her and started the ritual.

He made a magic circle right below where the empress was standing and he started chanting the spell.

He poured out his mana in the whole session and it went for about half an hour.

Thirty minutes later, it was finally done.

The empress quickly took her hand mirror and observed her face.