Limits

Jude POV:

I was too arrogant. 

I looked down on this world too much and overestimated my abilities. I thought I was invincible in this world. Furthermore, I was one who fought against demons and angels, one who already saved the world. 

However, in this world, I was still a 4-year-old. A growing child who is pursuing the sword. 

I realized this bitter truth when I faced that man. That man who I could've crushed with my finger in my past life loomed like a tall wall in front of me.

His swordsmanship was incredible. In terms of pure skill, he was the best I have seen in this world, even better than Arthur. His blade was only one level below mine. However, the problem was the difference in mana. He was a yellow core mage, while I was only a light red core mage.

With my swordsmanship and skills, no orange core mage would be my match. However, this man was beyond that. He was beyond many yellow core mages. Why is such a strong guy here, in this rural area? Can I beat him? Second door no.... third door. I would need the third door to beat this guy. 

I got up after seeing Arthur look outside. To my dismay, I saw the twin horns and my dad, all on the ground, hopefully unconscious. He defeats them that easily? The twin horns had considerable strength as a team, to defeat them this fast even when they were tired showed how much skill he had. 

Arthur was next to me, with his mouth agape. I could sense that he was angry, but he also realized how we were completely outclassed. What should I do? What can we do here? I racked my brain and finally came up with a dangerous idea. A crazy idea that just might work. 

I beckoned Arthur over and whispered to him, "Pour your mana into my core, I am close to breaking through to the orange core." Arthur seemed confused at first but soon nodded his head. 

My mom seemed too shocked as she barely restrained herself from going out and seeing the twin horn's and dad's condition. I started meditating to break through to the orange core.

Arthur's foreign, impure mana entered my red core. Luckily, I was only one core level above him, so the purity was almost equal. My mana core rejected his mana first, but I forced it in. I forced his mana into my core, purifying it as I added it. 

To say it was painful was an understatement. My mana core felt like it would burst. However, I needed to do this. To save my parents. To save Twin Horns. To save Arthur. To save my new life in this world. 

I continued purifying my mana. I felt my core elevate and breakthrough, breaking through to the orange core stage. 

My mother looked at me in surprise, she seemed to have sensed the mana. Arthur also gave me a weary look with a hint of surprise.

A man neared our carriage. Just when he was outside the carriage, I used wind magic whirling around my blade to instantly kill him.

I didn't want to kill to somewhat keep the facade of being a child, but I decided to go all out. I went outside. 

A hoarse man's voice came out, "So you were the kid you chipped my blade."

I looked over to see the bandits standing behind a tall man. The man was holding steel like katana, which seemed flawless except for a single deep slash it got from my attack. 

I smiled and said, "Time for round two?"

It seemed like the man wanted to say much more, but he simply smiled, "Are you sure?" 

I answered, "If I win, let them live," pointing towards my dad, twin horns, mom, and Arthur. 

"Sure."