☀️ Chapter 14 ☀️

Sun was setting up mattresses and lights, lots and lots of lights. I think I know what the lights are for.
Fairy lights, flashlights, lanterns and more.
"Don't you think that's enough lights?" Dylan said, approaching Sun. "Ah! I suppose your right.." Sun shouted nervously. "Mister Sun.. what are all these lights for?" A little girl asked. Sun stayed quiet for a bit, trying to think of a good excuse. "To scare away monsters." He said, looking away from the child.

He put four mattresses on the floor, then he got two pillow-like pillars and stood them up on the left and right side of the mattresses, next he got a big, fluffy blanket and balanced it on the two pillars, creating a second roof over our heads. Finally he got the fairy lights and hung them up. After all was done he stood back and appreciated it.

"Ah! Would you look at the time!" Sun cheered nervously. He flicked all the fairy lights and lanterns on, then he grasped his head in anticipation. FLICK. The lights suddenly flickered off, but it was bright where your mattresses were set up. You climb into your bed and shut your eyes. "Sleepy already?" You heard Dylan say. You open your eyes, and to your surprise you see Sun and Dylan both sitting on Dylan's mattress.

"I can get some drinks!" Sun said, hopping up. You nod and thank him as he sets off, grabbing a lantern and taking it with him. As he walks into the darkness his lantern illuminates the walls around him. His head shook slightly, you could guess why.
"Anyways, isn't this cool?!" The boy said, jumping onto your mattress. "Sort of..." You mumbled.
"Oh yeah... I forgot about that." He said, patting your back. "No need to worry, I've been here a billion times!" He laughed.

My mother, she must've never really loved me. Perhaps she only loved my father, when he wanted to split up she.. couldn't handle me. My sister, I wonder how she's handling everything. I hope she's okay. You look up at the boy, trying to recover from what you had experienced.

"How come you come here so often?" You ask. His smile fades a little. "Uh.. my dads quite busy, he doesn't really need me around.. haha.." He said nervously. "I see." You said. His father doesn't sound very nice.. "Hey, shouldn't Sun be back by now..?"
Dylan said nervously, looking around. SLAM. "AHH!" The boy screamed. "What the hell was that?!" You look for where Sun is but you don't see him or his light. Did it run out of battery?!

Scatter scatter scatter. You and Dylan looked around frantically, all the other children were already asleep.
"I-It must have been Sun!" You reassured yourself.
"Or moon." Dylan replied. You shuddered. Surely not. I mean, he had a light! Suddenly, you heard a strange noise, like someone was scraping on fabric with a sharp object. What the—

Suddenly the blanket that was being used as a roof toppled on you and you fell to your side. "Ah—"
You shouted before your sight got cut off. Your arms flailed around, trying to push the blanket off of you.
The blanket didn't seem to end. Suddenly a boy jumped out in front of you, causing you to jump. "Dyla—" Your eyes scan the face closely in the dark. "Your not Dylan?" You say, confused. "Keep your voice down!" The boy said, covering your mouth.

What the heck?! "She's coming! Shh!" He whispered. The sound of the Daycare doors opening echoed across the room. You could barely see anything, a lantern was emitting a small amount of light outside of the blanket you were trapped under.
The boys hands began to shake as footsteps grew closer and closer. What's going on?!

The footsteps got louder and louder until they stopped right in front of you. Her shadow reflected onto the sheets like a puppet show, she seemed to be wearing some sort of rabbit costume, but she was holding something.. a knife?! Her head turned, her ears bouncing with the movement. "Not here?" She whispered eerily. "No, they are here." She replied to herself. She turned around and faced where we were trapped.

She approached us, her head twitching and jittering. She seemed to grab something and threw it over her shoulder, I couldn't make out what it was.. a body?
She slowly stepped her way towards the Daycare door and left, slamming the door behind her.
The boy lifted his hand off of your mouth.
"What the hell was that?!" You yelled, finally pulling the sheets off of you. "Keep it down." The boy snapped.

Examining him closer, you saw that he had chocolate brown hair and a dark blue striped shirt.
His face seemed to be scratched up, he must've been running away from someone. "You.. alright?" He said, helping you up. You scanned your surroundings. Where's Dylan?! You took a good look around but couldn't find him anywhere. Ah— "That lady! She had a knife!" You shouted, realizing the danger Dylan could be in. The boy looked nervous.

"We're you and him the only kids here?" He asked, looking around the sleeping area Sun had set up.
"N-No.. there were others." Saying this made you realize, all the other kids were missing too.