{5⁹} {METAL}

∆ {5⁹} {METAL} ∆

THE ROOM FELT eerily silent as Wanda watched Roxi help Shuri work, a small, sad smile resting on her face. The woman was somehow ignoring the sounds of the battle outside; the roar of their forces, the rumble of Thanos' army's feet, and every now and then, Wanda could hear her muter words to herself in a language she assumed was Spanish. It was delicate, soft, compared to the brutality that surrounded them, and Wanda found herself wishing that she could be as calm as Roxi was.

In actual fact, Roxi was trying to still her wavering hands, and slow her quickening breath. The chill had increased tenfold by now, and she could feel it beginning to affect her body. But some part of her knew that wasn't the real reason for her racing heart; she was scared, and that was an emotion that she couldn't deal with at that moment. Consequently, she was trying to shove it down, to drown it in the chaos that seemed to a permanent resident in her head.

Shuri had said something to someone through the comms about their progress, and yet she couldn't bring herself to focus on it. Just on the metal before her, on Vision, because if she didn't focus on the potential, on the warmth of this metal, the dread and the cold of the other would surely overtake her system and she would freeze. If she froze, the consequences could be disastrous for all of them. She couldn't freeze, because-.

"Ryder, we need you down here as fast as possible." Because of that. Roxi sighed quietly, and after receiving a nod from Shuri that said she'd made the adjustments to work with out her, she ran through the building as fast as she could. She'd memorised the palace on the way to the lab (old habits die hard, she supposed), and was able to take turns and stairs easily. Within a few minutes, she found herself on the grass of the battlefield, the earth quaking beneath her with the force of the battle.

The front of the fight was far away, and yet she could still make out the figure of Tony's Hulkbuster suit, which ironically, Bruce was piloting. She let out a short blast of energy around her, wanting nothing more than to force that chill away, reminding herself to conserve her energy as she hadn't so many times before. She was relieved to find that the things that were attacking them still wore metal armour, even if it was nothing like as much as the Chitauri had and was simply plating here and there, it still gave her far more to work with.

Even as Roxi helped a member of the Dora Milaje up from where she'd been trapped underneath one of the thing's crude bodies, she found her attention near the edge of the shield dome, where her family were struggling, where she couldn't reach them in time.

And then there was a blinding light, and Roxi felt her cold blood surge with an electricity so powerful that she felt it energise her. Whatever had arrived in that column of light, had brought a metal so strong and surging with energy that she could feel it from hundreds of metres away. Then the light cleared, and Roxi squinted her eyes, trying to make out who it was that had arrived, too far away to be able to see properly. There was a yell from a voice that sounded somewhat familiar, and after checking that the woman she'd helped up was alright, she found herself sprinting through the grass, over bodies and blood and carnage towards her team - her family - and closer to the new arrival.

Thankfully, she found herself arriving with a lull in the creatures attacking Steve; she'd run for him because he was the easiest to see, and she drew to a stop, her chest heaving slightly as she glanced around. This battlefield held a ridiculous amount of potential for her to exploit, and she began to play around with it. With a flick of her finger, two of the creatures went flying and landed nastily on the ground, where they were quickly trampled and quieted. Roxi stared after them in wonder, until she heard Steve talk next to her, and brought her attention to the newcomer.