Chapter { 4 } : safe

Mirabella :

I woke up with a tickling feeling on my nose, I opened my eyes to find the culprit, my twin brother holding a feather to my nose, and me being allergic to feathers, I sneezed on his face.

"AHH... EWWWW, I have snot all over my face now..", screeched mattio as he tried to wipe his face with his shirt sleeve.

And me being me, I started laughing, and instantly regretted it, because of the unbearable pain that rang through my slashed back and bruised ribs.

I hissed right after I tried getting up.

"Hey, you okay?", asked matt with concern evident in his eyes, as he came to sit by my side.

"Yeah, j-just a slight headache", I lied.

"Okay, let's go down for breakfast", he offered after getting out of his trance.

"Umm, matt, can I borrow some clothes", I thought of asking since I feel filthy in mine, and I had to change.

"Yeah, sure, hold on"

He went out if my room, and I got up trying not to hiss because of the pain.

I went to the bathroom and did my business.

I got out, right after mattio came with a pair of grey sweatpants and a blue greenish long sleeved shirt, and I was grateful for this not so warm weather, because I won't have to wear short sleeves, if I did, my bruises and cuts will be on full display.

Matt waited as I changed in my bathroom, not bothering to spare a glance at my empty closet.

We went down the big flight of stairs, with me trying not to focus on the throbbing pain that's bothering my ankle, probably from yesterday's fall, I guess i didn't feel it yesterday because of this whole situation.

But there's no denying that I feel awful, it feels like I've been run by a truck. TWICE.

We made it to the first floor, and I was sniffing the beautiful aroma af morning pancakes.
You see I know what pancakes are but never had any taste of them.
But I do know they're delicious because I heard some classmates talk about them.

We went on our left side, towards the kitchen, we got inside to see all my brothers and dad there, and also nana Isa.

"Good morning, amore, how was your night?", my dad was the first to acknowledge us, which made all pair of eyes turned our way.

My dad kissed my forehead.

"It was good", I mumbled.

"Good morning bella"

"Morning, sorellina"

"Good morning"

I heard a chorus of greetings from my brothers, excluding enzo, who didn't even spare me a glance.

"Good morning", I mumbled, slightly blushing and focusing my eyes on my feet.

I heard a series of 'aww's and 'how cuute' from around the kitchen.

"Attention seeker",scoffed enzo under his breath, and no seemed to hear but me, I payed it no attention.

I sat between Luca on my right and matt on my left, with dad at the head of the table beside Luca, and on his other side, sat Gianni, then enzo, then leo.

Which means I'm opposite enzo. My favorite brother of all. Note the sarcasm.

After a few minutes of awkward silence.
"Okay, let's eat", interrupted dad, basically no one, as nana brought the food.