0 -prologue

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

15 years ago, when you were just 5 years old, you were living in the wonderful town. Everybody in the town was all talking about the celebration later at night, The next child in the Madrigal family would finally get their gift!

This next person in line? Well, it's none other than your best and quite frankly, your only friend, Dolores Madrigal. Dolores has been your only friend since both of you were toddlers, your mom was always a good friend of Pepa Madrigal.

It was about 6 pm, you're sitting outside your house, eating an empanada, your mother is just about to finish sweeping the house. "Oy, (Y/N)! You better finish that empanada now, or else your tummy won't have room for the food later!" Your mom told you with a little chuckle at the end.

"Ok, Mama!" You hurriedly start to finish your empanada, all the children are running to the Casita, "myum.. myum.... Mama! What do you think Dolores' gift is?" Parts of the empanada's crust were falling all over the place!

"Don't talk when your mouth is full, (Y/N)! Ay, noone knows what anyone's gift will be! Last time, Isabela's gift was very beautiful, so i hope Dolores gets a beautiful gift too!" Your mother said while sweeping the doorway.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The empanada was now gone from your hands. You ate it really fast, huh. Your mama layed the broom on the door frame, wiping her hands as dust fell on each wipe. "(Y/N), get dressed in your room now, we're gonna go to the Casita now! I'm going to the Casita first okay, I'm gonna check on your papa cooking the corn!" Your mom said as she took off her apron, and tidied up her hair.

You wave each other goodbye. She heads out of the house, and you head back to your room.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

You close the door behind you. Rummaging through the clothes in your wardrobe, making a mess. Making a mess just after your mom finished cleaning? That's really embarrassing, you should clean this up! While hanging the clothes on the hangers, you couldn't help but listen to the people talking outside, "Pepa and Felix can't find Dolores! Pepa is carrying a hurricane!" Sure enough, above the Casita was a small but loud rain cloud!

Tons of fireworks of different vibrant colors were flying out of the Casita.

Noices were always annoying to you. Anything too loud would scare you to your bones. You cover your ears with your soft palms. The explosions were still seeping into your ears!

"Mama! Mama! Papa! Papa! Agh....
Someone.... Dolores!!" You scream with fear and discomfort.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Hey!" A voice came from the wooden window looking into your fields. As soon as you heard the voice, you knew exactly who it was. You see a brown high bun, with a red ribbon infront of the messy curly hair.

"(Y/N), help me up please!" The girly voice asked you while grunting, trying to reach the wooden frame.

You walk over, dragged a wooden stool to the window and look over. It was Dolores, she had a look of discomfort in her face, like the face you think you did when you heard the fireworks.

"What are you doing here! Tía Pepa is making it rain! And I... Don't like it!" You say while looking down on Dolores.

Dolores looks up to you, her eyebrows were sad, and she had a pout on, she looks away and cllosed her eyes, with a slight "Hm.." coming out, her voice sounded sad.

"I'm sorry. It's just that, i'm scared!" Dolores told you, her eyes start to shine, as if tears were making them glow. "What's making you scared?" You try to console Dolores, "Let me in first!! The fireworks are too loud outside!" Dolores exclaimed, while raising her arms up, waiting for you to pull her up.