CHAPTER 62 ↠ words meant to be said

In the fresh air Bea felt like she could breathe a little bit better

"You look all right now. I guess running away really helped you, Beatrice," he says with accusation in his voice.

"I didn't run away."

"Oh, you didn't? I could swear you didn't tell me, when I went to see you a couple of days before, that you were leaving. Or... you didn't tell Isaiah not to tell me you were gone?" he asks with anger.

"Finn, I'm sorry, I really am." She gets closer to him and holds his hands. "For everything. I really am sorry. I shouldn't have said what I said."

Finn takes his hands out of hers and puts them inside his pockets.

"No, you should have said it earlier. Before everything else."

"Finn, what I said... I didn't mean it."

"Yeah, right..." He scoffs, unbelieving. "What do you want now? If you want to fuck that's fine, we can fuck, you don't need to pretend that you like me now just for that."

"I am well aware you can just fuck whoever," Bea spits out, anger overcoming her suddenly, as she thought of all the women he'd paid to sleep with while she was away.

"Exactly," Finn says but with a slight hesitation.

Bea takes a deep breath, calming and reminding herself that she had been the one to break things and brutally cruel with him and that she was now trying to apologize and fix things.

"Finn, I want to talk to you, but I can't do it if you're going to be cruel the entire time," Bea says a bit annoyed now.

"Just say whatever you want to say," Finn says with a sigh. "I want to go to the party."

"All right..." Bea takes a deep breath in as she looks to the ground. "I wanted to apologize for what I said that day. None of it was the truth. You were not just a way to pass time."

"Oh really? Because you did sound sure of it when you were saying it." he says still with anger.

"Finn, please..." Bea closes her eyes, unable to stop a tear from fall. "You wouldn't understand it," she says when he keeps quiet. "I don't expect you to, anyway."

"Understand what?"

"Why I said what I said."

"You aren't even explaining it to me, so how could I try to?"