(13) night chit-chat

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: night chit-chat

Hayoon couldn't move. Her whole body was burning, especially the ankle and hand where she held the piece of glass in the night. She knew that the holding this rope, make it even worse. She felt three tears strolling on her cheek and her entire body was shaking.

She raised her arms to look at the palms. They were all red, the skin was abraded and blood was dropping slowly from the right hand. She closed her eyes, breathing heavily.

"Get up"

The soldiers were standing above people from team four, waiting for them to stood up. Hayoon opened her eyes to see a hand pointed to her.

"Thanks," she took Saebyeok hand as she helped her to stood up

Everyone from the team were all sweaty and red on the faces. They came back to elevator. Hayoon sat on the floor, closing her eyes. Everyone were in dead silence until some guy started to mumbling something to himself. Hayoon opened one eye to notice one of the man on the knees, praying.

"Are you really fucking praying right now?" she scoffed, closing her eyes again

The man didn't stop.

"To who are you praying?" said another girl, 240. Hayoon looked at her, "To God? Do you think you are alive thanks to him?"

She lent forward, putting hands on her knees.

"You're still breathing and moving that tongue of yours thanks to that old man and that guy over there who pulled out that awesome trick last-minute," 240 nodded the head in their direction, "So if you're going to thank anyone, thank them"

Hayoon clapped three times with her hands, as an agreement with her. She liked this girl. The praying man slowly raised his head.

"You poor lost lamb," he said, "Can't you hear the cries of those who were nailed to the cross today? We lived to see another day thanks to their blood and sacrifice. On behalf of all us sinners, I'm thanking the Lord for his decision and their sacrifice, and saying a prayer."

"Bullshit"

"You put this in very nice words. Sacrifice!" Hayoon throw her hands up, "We murdered them, so we could make out alive. There's nothing about sacrifice. They also wanted to live"

„So we all get to go to heaven if we mumble a few prayers? Shit, then I have to pray too," 240 put her hands together to pray. Hayoon looked at her amused and followed her,
"Heavenly father, we worked together as a team today to send many people to your side. Please help us send more people to your side from now on..."