Chapter 87: Sports Festival (1)

The Sports Festival was confirmed to start two weeks later, and those two weeks flew by in flashes.

I went to the dungeon after confronting Shinso, and it was a disaster.

Mursha and everyone else was shocked since I truly appeared just a second after vanishing, just as I had said, but they didn't question a legendary High Human.

The disaster happened when I led the army of Orcs and Ogres to fight another faction. There were random monsters all around the southern jungle, but there were only 5 intelligent factions.

Each of them had one of the Save Stones in their hold.

I already had two of the factions sabotaged, the Ogre Village and the Fishmen Lake.

My plan was to clear the entire Southern Part, aka Floor-1, before the Sports Festival. That's what led me to my demise.

In a hurry, immediately after I returned to the dungeon, I led the Ogres and Orcs for another hunt. They did protest, but I just threw them some stamina potions, I had a lot of those to spare.

Mursha then led me to the closest village. A village of Cyclops.

I assumed it would be another easy hunt, but it wasn't. Even though my faction won against the 33 Cyclops, we lost 30 of our people, lowering our numbers to 21 people.

That was... a great loss. Though maybe it was a coincidence or just luck even, now my army only had women. That meant there won't probably be any more challenge for the throne. But the bad thing was; girls are usually weaker than boys, even these monster girls.

So, since I now had a lower number who were weak as heck, the next two weeks whenever I entered the dungeon, rather than hunting on any of the factions, I made the girls hunt random monsters instead.

Their level rose, and they became more obedient to me when they actually levelled up beyond their cap.

Mursha was now level 250, her level cap increased after a bit more of... drinking.

I noticed that unlike me, the monsters level up faster. Which was sad, but eh, I am still stronger.

I didn't let Mursha level up much. If she became too stronger than me, she might start getting weird ideas. Instead, I levelled up the other girls.

All in all, after two weeks of levelling up, I now had a [Level 250], 9 [Level 200], and 11 [Level 150] and beyond.

They could honestly just gang up on me and keep me as a breeding slave. But I have shown them some of my items' abilities just to subtly suggest what would happen if they tried such a thing.

It worked.

I also gained 6 more levels. Now I was level 116, and Kurai was level 90.

She is catching up, oh no.

I could also feel our "Synergy" getting stronger. As the system said before, to use <Fusion>, we would need very high synergy. We already had it very high, but it seemed it wasn't high enough even now.

But we were close. I could feel it.

—★—

That's all that happened in the past two weeks. Neji still had two more Save Stones to grab to clear Floor 1.

But before that, he needed to come first in the Sports Festival, because he was looking to win a certain hero's attention.

"So, Neji, you have to give your all! Okay?"