Chapter 7 - U.A.

Tomorrow's when it all begins. The school year starts tomorrow, and I've never been so excited for anything in my life. But that's for tomorrow. For now, I have a friend to see.

Ah, that's the doorbell.

"Hello Midoriya! Good to see you again!"

Turns out Uraraka got an apartment in Musutafu. She lives all the way out in the Mie prefecture, and a 4-hour one-way commute doesn't exactly seem very fun, so her and a bunch of other students did the same.

"Ooh, I can't wait for tomorrow, I'm all giddy just thinking about it!"

"Yeah, same. It's been my dream ever since I could think, and now it's finally happening. I can barely contain myself!"

"Yeah! Also, how's your leg? I know you said it's fine, but I just want to make sure."

"Estus heals all. It's like time, but better."

We both had quite the laugh after that one.

We spent a few hours just wandering around the city, talking about anything that came to mind. From All Might, to food, and even the most random things, like pillow cases and how we liked our drinks.

"Well, I still will never understand how you can't like tea. It's the king of drinks!"

"Well, your taste buds must have been burnt off, because hot cocoa will forever reign supreme!"

"Never! Tea is the best, and green tea is the best thing in this world!"

"Ok, you may have me there..."

"OI DEKU! HOW THE HELL'D YOU SCORE HIGHER THAN ME ON THE ENTRANCE EXAM!?"

Oh. Oh no.

"O-oh, hey kaachan! I just fought all the robots I could find, just like you did, plus I-"

"LIKE HELL A QUIRKLESS LOSER LIKE YOU COULD DO SHIT TO THOSE THINGS! I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH YOU'VE BEEN HITTING THE GYM, YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO EVEN DENT THOSE THINGS! TELL ME, WHO DID YOU BRIBE?"

"Hey, knock it off! He didn't bribe anyone, he saved my life and stopped the zero-pointer. If it wasn't for him, I would be dead right now! So back off!" Uraraka's cheeks were a deep crimson instead of their usual pink. She was almost unreasonably mad at kaachan.

"Oh, and who the hell are you supposed to be, pink cheeks? Wait... you're the girl that scored second place! There's no way you could have taken out that many robots!"

"She pulled me out from under the zero-pointer's feet, even though she was hurt herself."

Why do I suddenly feel so confident? Just a minute ago, I was a stuttering mess... I know I've stood up to Kaachan before, but still, I'm almost always pretty jittery...

"She put herself back in the way of the danger to get me out of it, and then took down the zero pointer with me. The judges looked for more than just explosions and destruction, you know."

Kaachan grabbed my collar and tried to lift me up. I didn't budge, and you bet he was annoyed about it.

"Heh, what's with this attitude change of yours? You finally grow a pair? You wanna feel all heroic in front of your little bitch girlfriend?"

I grabbed his arm and pulled it off of me. His usual cocky, aggressive demeanor shifted to one of shock and anger as he tried to push back, to no avail.

"Leave, Bakugo."

Something on his face changed after I said that. Maybe it was how dead serious I was, on top of how easily I pulled him off of me. Either way, he turned around and began to walk off.