Chapter 11: Angry

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow!

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

I take a deep inhalation trying to calm my hastening heart. I can't believe that I just dumped Ethan. Just like that. And is it concerning that I don't feel awful about doing it? Instead, I feel relieved.

"What the fuck was that?" I promptly turn around meeting his scary gaze.

What was what? Him speaking another whole language?

He seems quite angry.

Silas stands at the door of the kitchen full-on glaring at me. "What do you mean?" I pretend to be dumb.

"I heard what he said, Maeve. What the fuck did he mean by that he didn't hurt you on purpose." Silas repeats Ethan's words from earlier. My heart starts beating rapidly again, fuck.

He heard.

Now I have to go and dig for a lie in my huge brain.

"He meant mentally. Not physically." I try to convince him, I don't even know what I'm saying at the moment. He takes a few steps towards me as he towers above me.

"If I find out that you're lying-," He looks me dead in the eye, heat radiating from his body. "You don't even want to know what's going to happen." He snarls, turning away and leaving as nothing happened.

What is it with everyone today?

~ ~ ~

"You did it? I'm so proud of you!" Kayla cheers through the phone. After all the drama that happened earlier, I called Kayla straight away. I told her that I had broken up with Ethan, but not the reason why.

I hear the familiar laugh she always makes when she's about to tease me. Please don't start again. "What are you waiting for? Now you're single go and have some fun... with Silas." She laughs and a trail of sighs leaves my mouth.

She's starting again.

"As I said before, Silas is not happening. And also, he's probably mad at me." I recall our conversation from today, he was really angry. "You won't know if you don't talk to him," Kayla tells me.

I shake my head. She doesn't understand. "I don't want to talk to him. He's just here to train me, nothing more," I hear her sigh, "I tried, but whatever you say."

I laugh internally. She can't win this from me.

"I'm going now, talk to you later?" I say wanting to end the call, "Hm, sure." She replies and we hang up the phone.

I put my phone away and stare at the wall in front of me. At this moment just fuck my life. It feels like everything is just going downhill each day.

A knock brings me back to reality and I turn to look at who it is. "I kinda overheard your talk with Kayla." Aaron bites his lip holding back an awkward smile.