Chapter 7 | "...Nightmare...?"

While Uraraka was pulled into the void, Deku was still running around, now on the third floor. His teacher had been chasing him the entire time, but he had not used his quirk even once.

This did not go unnoticed by the older. He had realized rather early on actually, but did not know why the teen refused to use it. From what the animatronic had seen, people usually relied on their quirks constantly. The chase went on for a few more minutes, Nightmare going easy on the student so he only sustained the smallest of injuries. The older saw the teen run into a closed off room, confused by the action.

'Does this boy not know that it leads to a dead end?' Nightmare thought internally, following the boy inside.

When he turns the corner to enter the room, he sees Midoriya now facing him, in a stance that indicated he was about to fight.

"Oh? Are you finally getting serious, little boy?" Nightmare asked, walking into the shadows once more, ready to attack.

~With C.C and Uraraka~

'Is this C.C's quirk...?' Uraraka questioned, looking around cautiously. 'This is much scarier than I thought... just the aura of this place alone is already giving me the creeps...'

She suddenly hears a chuckle from behind her, but when she turns around, she sees nothing. Slightly panicking, she runs forward, looking for a way out.

"I'm afraid that it won't be that easy to escape." A voice said.

Although distorted and now deeper, she could still recognize the voice that spoke. "C.C...?"

"Bingo! Now... I'll go easy on you, ok?"

Uraraka tensed up, searching for the boy in the seemingly endless void. But she suddenly feels something graze her cheek, feeling something wet drip down the side of her face. Reaching up to touch it, she now realizes that her finger is stained with blood. Her blood.

'I didn't see that attack at all...' She thinks, concerned. 'He could kill me at any time and I wouldn't know until it was too late...'

She uses her quirk on herself, making herself float upwards.

"Oh? You can use your quirk like that as well huh? Almost as if your flying!" The boy exclaims, laughing. "Sadly, that won't work here."

She screams when she is met face to face with those black pair of eyes again, now glistening red. Her head is suddenly slammed into the ground, making her groan and roll over, trying to steady her breathing. Coughing, she gets up on shaky legs, feeling the floor from where she had just been slammed. The dent that she swore was there before was gone, leaving only the smooth floor once again.

"Hm... nice guess, but that isn't it either."

A sudden rumbling shakes the whole abyss, making the boy chuckle once more.

"Looks like your partner is finally getting serious!"

Uraraka's eyes brighten. 'Deku!'

~With Deku and Nightmare, A few moments earlier~

They were still fighting, but Deku was at the disadvantage here. While his hits were heavy, he was still not using his quirk, and since Nightmare was an animatronic, he could barely feel the hits at all. He continued to block many of the punches with his arm, lazily yawning.

"Is this the best you can do child? I doubt that you could take down anyone with just this." Nightmare asks.

The student growls, suddenly jumping backwards and pulling his arm back, where it starts to glow. It was just a dull light at first, but then became brighter and brighter, almost as if lightning was surrounding his arm.