第37章 - Stronger

'Starting right now, I'm ditching work

'Starting right now, I'm ditching work. I've been working at this job for nearly a year now. I quit my last job at a café in Kyoto because of that young couple surrounded by a chilling aura. I thought that would be the last time I ever felt so terrified that I would die by simply approaching customers but it's happened again except this time it's much worse.' The waiter nervously gulped while looking at one of the tables in the restaurant from the corner of his eye.

'My friend recommended me this restaurant to work at so I packed my bags and moved to Tokyo. I've always had a strong sense of responsibility. I've been saving up my earnings so I can send my four younger sisters to college. But even I can't fight my survival instinct. If I go near that table, I might actually die this time.' The waiter snuck another glance at the table. A man with long black hair dressed in monk attire sat alone at the restaurant table. He hadn't ordered a single thing since he entered. Visibly, it was only the man sitting at the table but the waiter strangely felt three other menacing presences at the table just like that menacing presence with the nice couple back at the café last time. He couldn't see them but he felt something was there...more like some things. Chills ran up his spine and he bit his tongue from the urge to shriek out of fear.

"Gojo Satoru...I wonder if we could kill him if we joined forces" Jogo mumbled in thought.

"Either he'll flutter outside of your grasp or, worst case scenario, you all get exorcised." Pseudo-Geto responded coolly.

"What about his daughter? Doesn't he have a daughter? Why don't we use her as a hostage?" Jogo asked, recalling how the dark-haired human before him had previously mentioned something about Gojo Satoru having a daughter. Pseudo-Geto chuckled.

"If she didn't exorcise you all then her boyfriend and father would. There would be no room for negotiation."

"It would be a three against three fight if it's just us. We can just isolate her somehow." Jogo replied matter-of-factly. Pseudo-Geto smiled at Jogo's arrogant words.

'What an overconfident fool..'

"I never said they would work together as a team" Pseudo-Geto replied cheerily to conceal his mocking tone from the cursed spirit across from him.

"What?" Jogo narrowed his eye at Pseudo-Geto. What was he trying to say here?

"You see, even one of them alone is enough to exorcise you all." Pseudo-Geto smirked at the visible anger on Jogo's face upon hearing those words. Even cursed spirits were upset when their egos were bruised. How amusing.

"Perhaps there is an inkling of a possibility that you somehow manage to get ahold of her...that is....if she were still alive" Jogo's eyes widened.

"His daughter's dead?" Jogo asked in surprise. Pseudo-Geto nodded his head.

"My source informed me that she has already passed so your plan, even if it somehow succeeded, would never work. I would, instead, recommend sealing Gojo Satoru rather than killing him.