XIV

|Better|

__

Vernon lifted himself with a groan. It was always the aftermath of their reckless decisions which always became a burden for him in the end.

Seungkwan on the other hand, held no extension of this burden because he was never awake to reap its trouble.

And lately, it's only gotten worse. The bath and now the garden. They were like a pack of wolves in heat and when it was all over, Vernon had to pick up the pieces and be hasty with the clean up.

He couldn't let people suspect what they were doing. What they were. It was a grave sin. Not because he was the prince's personal knight but because he was a half-breed.

The half-breed tainted the pure-blood. How dare such a filthy thing lay hands on the country's purest of bloodlines. It had the word "treason" written all over it.

Even the rumours about Seungkwan sleeping around with other aristocrats were hushed away. They replaced his deviant behaviour with gossip about him being violent, brutal, and conceited.

No one was to know Seungkwan was a sexual deviant. It would tarnish the reputation of the Crown. Especially not with Vernon, it would completely destroy it.

But then what about the gardener. What would happen with him now that he saw Seungkwan? Nothing. Because he didn't know it was Vernon underneath Seungkwan.

And Vernon knew well enough that Seungkwan being seen just now was only going to cause minimal damage. Gossip in the castle was illegal and punishable by death.

He remembered the last time a rumour regarding the previous King had started to spread, almost 85% of the castle staff were executed and displayed as an example.

Vernon felt a shiver run down his spine. The previous King, Seungkwan's grandfather. What a daunting man he was.

He was documented in the books as one of the most heartless men to ever rule Crimsonvain.

Of course, it was a bit different now with Seungkwans father. Less strict. If anything that Gardner might just be put in the slammer for a month or so if he, even so, dared to tattle. Then it'd just be covered up with some other rumour like Seungkwan killed three nannies in two days. The usual.

"Okay," Vernon mumbled to himself. He finally convinced and motivated himself to clean up his highness and then casually sneak him back into the castle without suspicion.

Vernon zipped up his pants and he grabbed a cloth from the inside pocket of his uniform jacket. He wiped his stomach and then he cleaned Seungkwans thighs. Whatever was inside Seungkwan he'd clench his legs to keep it from spilling until they were in his highnesses bathroom.

Vernon got up from the floor and he dusted himself off. He glanced down at Seungkwan, who was dead asleep. His cheeks turned a slight red.

This damn brat. Why does his face have to be so bewitching? Vernon thought. It was annoying to acknowledge it but the boy was his ideal attraction.

Screw His Highness |Verkwan|On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara