Chapter 17

Aspen's POV.

"My father was a great person. He was always there for me when I needed him and I-i just don't know what I'm going to do without him"

I said as I started to think of when I was 14 and I had a really bad breakup. My dad took me out for ice cream and gave me a take about how my ex was stupid and how beautiful I am.

"He's my everything and I-I" I couldn't talk anymore, I broke down crying. Sam came up to me, wrapping an arm around me and walked me back to where he was standing. "It's okay" he said wrapping me in a hug.

Sam already gave his speech. It mad me cry and he teared up. I just can't get the fact that he's gone through my head.

The priest did his speech as they lowered my dad into the ground. I cried just a little as I knew I would never see him again. Nate walked up to me wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my forehead.

A lot of people came up to me saying 'sorry for you're loss' but there was one person that came up to me that I didn't expect to in a million years. My mom.

Why is she here. I mean I know she used to be married to my dad but she hasn't tried to contact us in a year. So why is she here now?

"Hi honey" she said. I turned around and her eyes widened as she looked at my baby bump. "Hi mom"

"When did this happen"

"A little bit ago, I'm only 3 months"

"I can't believe my daughter is pregnant at age eighteen"

"Mom it's okay, I can take care of myself"

"I'm sure you can but the main reason I came down here is to take you home, to Oklahoma"

"But, mom I'm fine here"

"There's no but's about it your coming home"

"You can't ignore us for a year and pop into my life and take me where you please. I can take care of myself"

"Apparently not, you got yourself knocked up"

"Mom, I-"

"Aspen, you are coming with me and that's final. I'll be going to L.A with you so you can pack you're things and then we are leaving" she said walking away leaving me no time to talk back.

"What the hell, I can't believe she's doing this" I said.

I look at Nate who has a blank expression on his face. I just look at him and he looks me in the eye. He pressed his lips on mine. I hesitated for a second but then I kissed back.

"If you are leaving, I want us to be on good terms"

"What do you mean, we are on good terms, aren't we" I ask.

"Well yea, but I want to do something special for you" he says putting a kiss on my nose.

"You're not breaking up with me are you" I ask.

"I wouldn't dream of it" he said.

-

We were sitting on my bed, not talking or anything. I spent the day packing and Nate helped. I can't believe I'm leaving tomorrow. I'm gonna miss Nate so much I might cry. I've never been in a long distance relationship but I just feel like it's not going to work.

What if he cheats on me, again? I pushed the thought out of my head. He wouldn't cheat on me again, would he?

"What wrong" Nate asked.

"Nothing, I'm just gonna miss you"

"I'm going to miss you too"

He kissed my lips and pushed me back to where he was hovering over me. His hands traced against my shorts but I pushed him away. "Nate, pregnant remember" I asked. "Oh, yeah" he said looking away.

"Nate, are you mad that I'm pregnant" I asked

"What? Of course I'm not. I'm happy for us, I'm just not sure if I'm ready to be a dad"

"Oh"

"Hey, I love you and I will love the boy/girl that's in your belly, okay?"

"Okay, I love you too"

I smile and kiss his lips. I soon drift off to sleep in Nate's arms. The place I always want to be.