Chapter 9

Picking her up, Cenric carried Danaë over to his seat, settling her in his lap, nestled against his chest.

Part of her wanted to object, to resist being manhandled like this, but for the life of her she couldn't think of a single place she'd rather be.

With her thighs straddling his and his hand running idly up and down her spine, Danaë gave into her need for comfort and rested her head in the hollow between his neck and shoulder.

When she felt his left arm moving, she asked, "What are you doing?"

"Drafting a letter."

She breathed in, inhaling his dizzyingly masculine scent. "To whom?"

"King Nikolaj. His lands are to the south-east of mine, and Maxson will have to march his armies through them if he wants to attack us."

A shudder rolled through her at the sound of his name, and Cenric turned to press a quick kiss to her temple.

"It'll be okay. Maxson's men have been fighting in the south, and with the altitude and the cold, they'll find it very difficult to even reach our borders."

His words were spoken in a soothing tone, and Danaë began to relax until she felt his right hand sliding up her calf and under her skirts.

"Cenric-"

His lips found her ear. "I love the way you say my name."

Danaë gasped when his fingers reached the sensitive flesh of her buttocks.

"Relax." Cenric commanded gently.

Danaë tried, but it was a difficult task with Cenric's hand massaging her rump.

"How does this sound," she heard Cenric pick up the sheaf of parchment and begin to read, "To His Majesty, King Nikolaj the seventh, esteemed ruler of-"

"Cenric, what if someone comes in?"

She felt his lips against her forehead, "No one comes in here without my permission." His hand grew more adventurous and began to stroke the quivering heat of her sex.

Danaë couldn't speak, just whimpered against his neck.

"How does it sound thus far?"

"Hmm?"

"The letter?"

Danaë struggled to order her thoughts. Swallowing, she answered, "There's protocol for how one king addresses another. I can't remember exactly how it goes, but it sounds like you're missing something-"

Her words cut off as his fingers breached her entrance and delved inside her. Danaë moaned helplessly, but as Cenric murmured encouragement, she continued. "There should be a book or something in here with the exact terms to use. You should follow that..."

His left arm moved as he set the paper down and made a note. "Got it."

"What-" she paused to bite her lip as he began to tease her clitoris, "-what is the purpose of this letter? The tone will depend on the purpose."

"His birthday is approaching. I'm sending a gift in the spirit of fostering good relations."

Danaë fought to catch her breath, "You should arrange an official state visit. Face to face diplomacy is always more effective."

Cenric paused his ministrations, and Danaë writhed in frustration. She wanted more, needed him to keep going while she ached for relief.

"That's an interesting notion. It has been some time since I spoke to Nikolaj in person. But we'd have to go soon, before winter arrives."

Danaë frowned, "'We'?"

His left arm wound tightly around her back, "There's a power-mad tyrant hunting you. If I'm going to be leaving the kingdom, I'm taking you with me."

Danaë breath caught in her throat, stunned by the fiery possessiveness of his tone. Looking up, she felt herself melting under the blazing scrutiny of his eyes. Mesmerized, she let him pull her up against him and press his lips against hers.

Unable and unwilling to fight him, Danaë surrendered to his inquisitive tongue while his hand renewed its exertions between her legs.

When his fingers caught and lightly pinched her clitoris, Danaë cried out at the rush of pleasure, realizing how close she was to losing all control.

Then, she felt his arm leave her back and reach beneath her, untying the laces of his pants and releasing his rigid cock.

Danaë's eyes met Cenric's, and she shivered as she felt him lift her up, positioning her right above the slick tip of his member.

And then she watched his eyes darken as he lowered her, savoring every minute sensation as the feeling of fullness overtook her. Slowly, he buried himself inside her until she could take no more and he had no more to give.

For an immortal moment, Danaë marveled at the way she fit him, as though she had been molded for his personal use.

Then, his hands gripped her hips, guiding her as she began to ride him.

Danaë's thoughts lost all coherency as his lips brushed her cheek and he began to whisper exquisitely filthy endearments in her ear.

Giving herself over to absolute pleasure, Danaë started to move faster, taking his cock at exactly the pace that she craved.

As she moaned against Cenric's neck, Danaë flushed with shame.

I sound like a whore.

Then his hips began to pump against hers, forcing him harder and deeper inside of her, and as she cried out, she realized, I am a whore...

Looking down, Danaë found Cenric staring at her, his gaze furious and hungry.

I'm his whore-

Leaning forward, she sucked his bottom lip into her mouth, savoring the taste of him as the first white-hot sparks of ecstasy burst within her.

Then she felt a violent shudder rip through her body as her orgasm consumed her.

Cenric took charge of the kiss, tasting her while he gripped her hips and fucked her until she was spent.

Breathless and weak, Danaë lay against him as his own release overtook him. He pulled her up, letting his cock slip free. As his groan filled the otherwise silent room, she felt the warm stickiness of his cum on her stomach.

Cenric held her against him, their racing heartbeats gradually slowing until they beat in sync.

Raising her chin with his fingers, he kissed her again, this time not to arouse, but to soothe.

Danaë grimaced as she felt the fabric of her dress press against her abdomen. "I think I need to clean this off."

"No." His voice was the solid granite of unquestionable authority.

Danaë looked up at Cenric. "What? Why?"

"Because every time you feel my cum on you, you'll remember who you belong to." The smoldering fire in his eyes left her speechless, and robbed of words, she could only nod.

Cenric's head tilted as he examined her. "You've had a long day. How would you feel about a nap?"

Danaë, still tongue tied, nodded.

They stood, and Cenric rearranged his clothes before leading the way out of the library.

Danaë followed, but after a moment realized, "Wait, this isn't the way to my room."

"I know."

She stopped, confused, "Then where are we going?"

"My chambers. You'll be staying there from now on."