𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲

𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗱𝗮𝘄𝗻 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲: 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗲

"WHY DIDN'T AUNT JENNA JUST snap the witches's neck instead of biting into it. Would have killed her quickly and Klaus couldn't have stopped her in time" Aimee exclaims, waving her arms at the tv, as she made her case.

Bella hummed in agreement, trying her best to hide her laughter. Over the past few hours Aimee had been through a rollercoaster of emotions with the show.

At first she pointed out everything single thing that was stupid and not factually correct in it. Then she said what character was like each Cullen. Later, she was engrossed in it, not looking away from the screen unless she had to. And now she was criticising how the characters acted.

"Tell me Stefan and Edward aren't basically the same person?!" Aimee exclaims to Bella who just nods with a large smile.

The vampire's smile drops as she hears her fathers thoughts "what is it, Aimee?" Bella asks, placing a hand on her mates arm.

"Carlisle needs me in the main lounge" Aimee explains. She notices Bella's disappointment. Bella was experience a lot of mood swings, especially sadness.

"Hey, hey, hey. I'll be right back, okay? Then we'll continue to see if the hybrid curse works okay?" She smiles as she places a kiss on Bella's forehead.

"I don't think it will work" Bella admits.

"I hope it does".

"Why? Klaus is the bad guy?! I don't want it to work" Bella argues with a smile.

"I don't know, love. He has that charm to him" Aimee says over her shoulder as she moves towards the door.

"Be quick" Bella says, almost like a question.

The vampire nods with one last smile to her wife before she closes the door behind her and makes her way to the lounge.

|___________|

"What's happening?" Aimee asks as she takes a seat beside Esme.

"Sam has a plan to kill the baby" Carlisle sadly informs his daughter.

"Oh" Aimee whispers, her face dropping.

"He's lost the element of surprise, and he doesn't want to take you on outnumbered, so he's not gonna come at you head on. He's got the place surrounded and he'll wait for his opportunity." Jacob explains.

"He's not gonna get through without a fight" Emmett says, his statement mainly directed towards a Aimee.

Aimee gives him a small smile in thanks. "No fights. We won't be the ones to break the treaty." Carlisle instructs.

"The treaty is void at least in Sam's mind." Jacob says with a scoff.

"Not in ours" Esme says, putting an arm around Aimee.

"Carlisle, no one's hunted in weeks, especially Aimee" Emmett explains. It was true Aimee hadn't hunted since her honeymoon. She had Bella to worry about and her own needs were last on her list of priorities.

"We'll make do" Esme nods her head at her youngest son.

"You've done us a great service, Jacob. Thank you" Carlisle says to the young werewolf.

|____________|

When Aimee returned to the smaller lounge, Bella was asleep on the couch. The baby was draining her energy so quickly. At the moment it was rare to get a lot out of Bella.

She smiled as her wife peacefully slept. She pulled a blanket over Bella's body, the one her mother had made her.

Placing a small kiss to Bella's temple, Aimee quietly turns off the tv and lights and leaves the room.

"Is she okay?" Esme asks, appearing from downstairs.

"Yeah, she's just sleeping. I didn't want to wake her, she hasn't been getting enough sleep lately."

"Aimee, we know Bella. We know she's stronger than she looks. I mean, the girl survived a vampire bite, a jump off a cliff and sleeping on top of a mountain in ice cold conditions. She'll survive this" Esme reassures.

The smaller woman had noticed how Aimee was starting to catch on to how Bella's state gradually kept getting worse. Esme just wanted both of the mates to be happy again.

"Thank you, Esme"

|_____________|

"It's breaking her bones now" Carlisle tells Aimee as he shows the two mates Bella's x-ray results.

"Carlisle tell Bella what you told me" Aimee didn't want to upset Bella but the human had a right to know.

"The foetus isn't compatible with your body. It's too strong. It won't allow you to get the nutrition you need. It's starving you by the hour. I can't stop it but I can slow it down. At this rate, your heart will give up before you can deliver."

"Then I'll hold on as long as I can and..." the human's interrupted by Carlisle.

"Bella. There are some conditions that even venom can't overcome. You understand? I'm sorry." The doctor watches her nod and leaves the room to give them some privacy.

Bella turns to look at Aimee with a sad smile. "I won't be able to live without you.." Aimee admits.

"Hey, if I don't... make it... you'll still have a part of me. He'll need you." Bella tries her best to be positive.

"I know, baby." Aimee smiles, crouching down beside the chair Bella was sat in. "But it won't be just me he'll need, he'll need you too because you will be there, okay? You are the bravest person I know"

Bella begins to tear up as she nods her head, trying to convince both Aimee and herself that she can do it.

"And when we have him, we'll do so much stuff, we'll travel and meet new people" Aimee grins. She wanted Bella's mind to be off of the negatives of the pregnancy.

"Yeah?" Bella asks with a small laugh.

"Yeah"

"We could finish our honeymoon?" Bella asks.

"definitely. I'm sure Kaure would love to see us again" Aimee jokes, causing Bella to laugh.

"We'll be fine"

|___________|