Seven: Danger, Will Robinson

With relative confidence and only slightly sweaty palms, I led Collins out onto the dance floor

With relative confidence and only slightly sweaty palms, I led Collins out onto the dance floor. But all my plans to share a few carefree dances with this girl flew out the window when we faced each other, and she grabbed the end of my tie, reeling me in toward her.

I choked on air.

Give my dick a warning before you do something as hot as that, will ya, sweetheart?

With a sly grin, Collins melted into my arms when I wrapped them around her, and I had to force myself not to pull her in all the way. I needed a little space here. A bit of room to get my shit together, or else my body was going to get mixed signals about what was happening.

Dancing. We were dancing. Just dancing. Dancing was innocent and—

Her hands were tangling into my hair, and was I...was I having a heart attack? Oh god, and now her breasts were brushing up against my chest, and that panicking heart of mine was definitely not the only throbbing body part.

In a last-ditch effort to calm my nerves, I looked at the ceiling. Anywhere but her.

The lights were dim now, the atmosphere rich and moody. The elegance of the ballroom combined with the music's heady bass caused a clash of romance and sex, and I was getting sucked between both of them.

Disaster? Miracle?

Time would only tell.

___

I was already having a shitty day, and now Nessa had to put in my head the one thought I hadn't even contemplated yet.

Collins dating. And bringing guys home. And moaning their names across the hall.

Fuck that.

Collins took off immediately after our roommate meeting, her light brown skin a bit darker and shinier than usual along her cheekbones. Part of me hated Nessa for making her go through the embarrassment of all that, and the other part of me couldn't blame her because I hadn't actually told Ness a damn thing about what happened between us.

After Collins escaped to her room, I decided I wanted to escape, too. Too bad Nessa wouldn't let me.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" I sighed, turning around when she grabbed my arm in the hallway. "Like shacking up with your spicy piano man. I heard he delivers good orgasms. Should probably run along."

I mustered up the last bit of humor in me to shoot her a wink.

"Oh my god," she moaned. "Would you shut it? I've never once told you anything—"

She paused, comprehension dawning on her face.

"Thin walls, Ness. You don't gotta tell me."

Nessa slid a hand down her face, but then she straightened. "Okay, enough about me. What was that?"