Chapter 11 - One Word : Undefeatable

Please vote and comment your thoughts as it motivates me write more!

Today felt like a different day altogether, although it was a guaranteed win for me, there was a completely different vibe. There were big screens in the mall and campus advertising today's fight schedule. The matchups were to be taken place after school hours so anyone can come spectate, not for free but with a ticket price of 50,000 private points, students would be able to buy tickets to watch a matchup.

I was now on my way to my first fight after finishing the day of school. As I approached the arena, I noticed hundreds of students crowding the building, all with the intention of getting a seat. This almost seemed like a highschool basketball tournament like a winter cup or something you'd see in an anime, not that I watch any. The very first matchup of the whole tournament was my fight against Yamada Albert. I thought there was an abundant amount of students here but this was crazy, I've never actually seen so many students gathered in one place, except the entrance ceremony. There must've been at least 80% of this schools population who've come here to watch the tournament opener.

I entered the arena through the contestants entrance and made my way to the locker room. For my fight outfit, I really didn't want to wear anything flashy so I leaned towards a pair of all black shorts paired with a black t-shirt as well, as casual as it gets to demonstrate how casually I'll defeat Yamada Albert today. My game plan was to win as nonchalantly as possible, rather than demonstrate brute power, I want to win through sheer skill and timing.

There was still another 30 minutes until my fight and I didn't know if Albert had entered the other locker room yet, naturally, there were 2 different locker rooms for the 2 contestants. I could hear hundreds of students outside the locker room where the stands were. I didn't know what to expect but were they here to observe just because it's the first fight or because they assumed Albert would destroy me? It's not like students have much to do after school so this would be a good way to pass time and entertain oneself.

*Bzzzzz*

"Kei?"

"Kiyoootaka, are you here??"

"Wait aren't you in the arena?"

"Fufu I managed front row seats like you asked me but I took a leave to the washroom and called you."

"You're sure no one is hearing this?"

"Don't worry, it's a single person washroom I found so I locked the door and I'm not speaking really loudly."

"And yea, I'm just in the locker room right now, it seems like there's gonna be a lot of people watching, I don't know how to feel about that.." I joked, seeming nervous.

"I noticed that too, I think there's at least 350 students here, that's nearly the whole school watching you!"

"Ha, I guess todays the day they'll get to see something that only a select few people including you have known over the past year huh."

"That'd be... your ridiculous strength?"

"What else, there's no way I could've ignored this tournament so it's pretty good timing for me to reveal my strength I think." I told her.

"Awhh, I guess I'll miss being the only one to know you're true identity but how do you feel about having so many people with their eyes on you?"

"Eh, it doesn't matter really, I've accepted I have to show out eventually and this tournament just happened to be the ideal time, so I'll go out there to do what I need to do."

"I meannn, you did convincingly defeat Albert pretty easily last time so are you gonna use the same method last time or...?" She asked me.

"There's no method really, I'm just gonna try to win using the least of my energy as possible while making it look easy."