Chapter Seven-A Garden stroll of terror

Several things shutted down my mind.

      Lord Sheppard Fitzhume was dead.

       We dealt with the blow as we all did.

        We called the Doctor.

         Five minutes' later, Doctor David Mandells, MD, arrived at the Manor.

         And he looked at me, Melanie, Charles, and Roger with a look of shock on his tired face. His short, grey colored hair blew in the wind.

           "A good man was the Lord", he said.

            His blue colored eyes focused on the body.

            "Heart attack...The event of a sudden fright caused him to die along the cobbled road. Indeed, that's my assumption...I see Sheppard Bridge is nearby...I am so sad to hear of Emma Fitzhume's death. She died too young", he said.

               "She was going to marry me...", Roger said.

                "But the marriage wasn't agreed upon because she was a Fitzhume and the Lord didn't want his daughter to marry a DeWitte", said the Doctor.

               "Indeed...Ahem, why did he die, Doctor? Did he see a ghost?", I asked.

                "A ghost! Is the Manor haunted?", enquired the Doctor.

                 "Aye...Emma's ghost has been seen in the Manor...And her suicide has been  replayed endlessly upon Sheppard Bridge", I answered.

                  "There's a lot of blood...Once the body is at the Morgue and an autopsy is carried out at the London Hospital, then you'll have the body for burial...I'll attend to Church service...God Bless his soul", the Doctor pulled up his white colored (ruffled) shirt, red colored baggy breeches, and black colored belt.

                 "Good afternoon Genetlemen....M'Lady", the Doctor bowed to Melanie.

                  "Good eve, Doctor...I'm sorry this has distressed you so", Melanie said, crying.

                   "M'Lady, death is my job. I'm afraid a garden stroll is disturbed by seeing M'Lord's body...Such a fate is horrible to those who see it...I'll be in touch", the Doctor said. And he left Sheppard Bridge Manor in his black colored coach.

                     The coachman yanked the horses' reigns with his hands...And headed away from the haunted Manor...just as a cold, unearthly wind blew from the south...The source of which couldn't be determined by natural means...as everyone headed through the front double doors of the Manor...and didn't say a word for a long time afterward.

Page 7