Chapter twenty three

When Monday rolled around Cassiopeia had found herself needing to be calmed down multiple times an hour, Draco and Theo were both sat on either side of the girl throughout the day and Pansy had a freezing charm on a bottle of water that she had in her bag just in case of an emergency.

Monday was cassies worst day of the week, not for the usual reasons that people hate Mondays but because her last lesson of the day was double defence against the dark arts with the gryffindor's. She sat at the back of the room trying to stay focused on whatever Quirrel was rambling on about, her eyes kept falling out of focus and the stabbing pain in her chest was bothering her more than she let on.

"You okay Cass?" Draco asked from next to her looking worried.

Cassie nodded her head yes and then sighed, "chest pains are back" she croaked.

Draco took her parchment from infront of her and started writing her notes as well as his own whilst Cassie scanned the room, her eyes fell on Harry Potter a few rows a head. He was messily scribbling notes with his right hand and his left was pinned over his scar while his face scrunched up every now and then. She frowned and pressed the heel of her hand onto her chest where the pain was coming from then she put her head on the desk. Unwillingly she fell asleep.

She was woken a little while later by draco gasping and a loud patting sound. She opened her eyes to see her text book covered in flames and the rest of the class were all staring at her. Suddenly a jet of water put it out and Quirell approached them both.

"Cassiopeia Black why are you setting fires in my class" he said nervously.

"Sorry sir I didn't mean too" she said with tears welling up in her eyes.

"It was my fault" Draco jumped to her defence and grabbed ahold of his aunts hand to stop it from shaking.

The pain in her chest only got worst the closer Quirell got to her and her body temperature was starting to rise. She took a deep breath and tried to stay upright.

"Why don't you go to the headmasters office" Quirell said as he crouched slightly.

Cassie nodded and quickly got up unsteadily as her breathing hitched and she left all her things behind.

"Can I go after her please" Draco pleaded.

"Go ahead" he tipped his head in the direction of the door she had just walked out off.

"I'll pack your things away" Theo said from the desk in front of Draco.

Draco hurried out after Cassie and found her half way down the corridor on the floor with her knees to her chest and her head in between her knees. He practically ran to her and slid on his knees, he ran a hand over her forearm and flinched back as the palm of his hand was scalded.

"We need to get you to the bathroom, do you think you can walk?" Draco asked while Cassie continued to hyperventilate.

She shook her head no and let out a silent sob. Just as Draco was about to go and find madam Pomfrey, Dumbledore rounded the corner with his usual glint in his eye as he looked to the small girl crumpled on the floor.

"Mr Malfoy could you please go and inform Madam Pomfrey that she is needed in my office" he gave the boy a smile.

"I'm not leaving her" he frowned at the old man.

"I can assure you that she is safe in my hands"

Dumbledore reached into his robes and flicked his wand suddenly a hovering chair appeared and he lifted cassie up wincing as his hands touched her from the heat and placed her in the chair. Draco sent the man an obscure look and nodded turning to head to the hospital wing.