Chapter 9: 'Worth a shot'

-CREDIT ALWAYS GOES TO THE CREATORS OF THE VIDEOS, IT'S NOT MINE!-

"'Anger' is only one letter away from 'Danger'"

By: Someone, I heard it somewhere and thought it was clever, so there it is, credit to the person who wrote it.

(Hello dear readers! SURPRISE! Two chapters in a day! I can't believe I got 1.8K views! That's almost two thousand! Thank you so much for reading this, it means so much to me! Thank you to the people who comment on parts of my story they like so that I know which parts to make more of, and thank you to the people who vote on my story! I don't know what voting on a story means, but it also means a lot to me! I feel so special when people add my story to their reading list, so thanks to the people who have done that, I love you all! I can't believe that one of my stories got this many views, it's like a dream come true, you're all my fairy godmothers! Ok, on to the story!)

"Why didn't you tell me you had powers?" Camilo asked me.

"Camilo, we can talk about this another time, let's get Y/n home, it's been a long day," I let Pepa help me stand up from the ground and Camilo supported me on the other side.

"My father has this power too, he abused me and my ma at home, he's not a good man, he runs a big gang, like the mafia, but you don't know what that means, I keep forgetting everyone here doesn't know about the rest of the world."

"It's ok, we have lots of time, you can explain it all," Pepa said, talking soothingly.

"So the mafia is a big group of people who kill, rob, and influence people, they do the worst things imaginable. My father is the boss man. He has the power over space, it was passed down to me. I was being raised to become the next boss, but I didn't want to. As soon as my father heard that, he started to hurt my ma and me. I refused to use my powers to hurt people and shortly after the abuse got too much, my ma took me and we ran here. I wasn't supposed to talk about or use my powers because my ma said the magical house would hear and we might not be able to live safely here anymore. So that's why I've never told anyone about my powers,"

"I'm so sorry you went through that, but you have us now, we'll keep you safe,"

"That's not going to be an option, my ma and I have to leave here, they know where we are, we'll only be bringing trouble,"

"Listen, the house is indestructible, it can keep the mafia people out and keep you and your ma safe,"

"But what about the other people in town? What if they hold one hostage? What if they start to kill people? Then what? It's better if we leave before that happens," I said.

"We can keep everyone safe,"

"The house isn't big enough, and even if it was, how long would we be able to survive in there?"

"We could live there for the rest of our days, Antonio's room has an endless freshwater stream, and Isabela knows how to grow fruit and other crops, you'll be safe if you stay,"

"But we'd be making the whole town go into hiding, it'd be less trouble if we left,"

"But the babies- I mean, what if you can't find another safe place to stay?" Camilo glared at his mom.

"Not the time," He told her.

"You talk to her then, I'm sure you don't want her to leave either,"

"I don't but she's just seen her mother get shot, I think I'd be a little more than just traumatized. You said it yourself, it's been a long day, she needs sleep, we can talk about this when her mom is better and we can all talk about it together with the rest of the family,"