The candles festival

A couple of days had passed and Bruno hadn't dared to go near the book store. The man was afraid that if he talked t her he would realize everything on their last conversation was nothing but a dream, and he couldn't take the risk.

On the other hand, if it had really happened, he had even more reasons to freak out. He had asked her for a dance, and her response was to ask him out. That should mean she liked him back, shouldn't it?

Or maybe he was getting the whole thing wrong, and she had only invited him as a friend, and if it was the case and he tried too hard she would think of him as a weirdo, thought she probably already thinks of him as a weirdo because he pretty much is a weirdo. Why would someone like her show any interest in him? What kind of stupid thought was that? Obviously she wouldn't like him that way.

But at the same time, she was his friend even if someone like her shouldn't. In every rational scenario she should have never been his friend, yet she was. So perhaps the usual logic couldn't apply to her and she could in fact be as interested in him as he was in her. But in this case he should treat the candle festival as a date, and he had no idea of how to handle a date, so he would probably make a foul of himself and then she would lose all interest she could possibly have in him.

He should probably just cancel the whole thing and hide in his room as if nothing had happened at all for the next couple of months until she could forget how weird he was and then he could just come back...

A thunder sounded scaring the poor man as an angry Pepa came into the room holding a rat with the point of her finger as if it was the most disgusting thing she had ever found. 

"How many times will I have to tell you to keep these things inside your room?" The woman asked angrily, basically throwing the poor animal into Bruno's hands.

"Yo lo intento! But they keep finding ways through the walls." Bruno explained petting the rat.

"I don't care! If I find another rat in my closed you will have cloud for a month!" The red head turned her back to him walking back the way she came.

Bruno stared at the small animal in his hands and sighed "You, my little friend, are going to put me in a lot of trouble."

Angie couldn't help but laugh at Julieta's annoyance as the two Madrigal girls came t sight covered by a dark cloud. The three girls had been planing to meet for lunch for more than a week, but it was really hard to find a day or time when none of them had work to do, so the last thing Julieta wanted on that day was for her sister to rain on their parade. 

"Someone is not in a good mood." Angie commented as the duo seated besides her in the blanket.

They had opted for a picnic close to the woods where the amount of noise would be smaller so they could really talk instead of doing it by the plaza.

"I'm going to kill Bruno one of these days." Pepa grumbled and Angie raised an eyebrow at Julieta.

"She found one of his rats in her room, again." Julieta explained starting to take food out of the basket she brought.

"That is not that bad, his rats are kinda cute." Angie shrugged and Pepa pointed a finger right at her face.

"You, I know you're in love with my brother but you can't encourage this craziness." The red head decreed.

"I'm not encouraging it, I don't love rats but they seem to be good for-" She stopped herself realizing the shocked look she was receiving from the two girls "What?"

"You didn't deny it." Pepa said, the cloud over her head seemed to freeze in place.

"I did, I said I'm not encouraging it-"