𝐱𝐢. 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧 (𝟑)

The next morning, they all stood in front of the building, watching as the children rushed inside at the ringing of the bell

Cass was biting into her lip worriedly, a bad feeling nestled into her chest, warning her that something may go off script in an incredibly large way.

A warm, familiar fingers weaved between her own, she looked up at the Time Lord as he announced, "Rose and Sarah, you go to the Maths room. Crack open those computers, I need to see the hardware inside. Here, you might need this."

Immediately, Rose held her hand out for the sonic, only to deflate and appear hurt when the doctor gave it to Sarah Jane instead.

Cass withheld a giggle, as the alien continued, oblivious to the glare being thrown at him, "Mickey, surveillance. I want you outside."

"Just stand outside?" The boy frowned, only to grin when his best friend shot him a sly wink,  mouthing, "spoilers," at him happily.

So he'd be doing more than just standing, great. He should have known Cass would never allow anyone to belittle him.

Sarah Jane tossed him her car keys, chuckling, "Here, take these, you can keep K9 company."

"Don't forget to leave the window open a crack." The Doctor added.

"But he's metal!"

Cass sighed, smiling at her best friend softly, "Ignore him. Trust me, you're imperative to this entire operation."

He nodded, before turning on his heels and leaving, Rose looking at her red-haired best friend and questioning worriedly, "What will you two do, then?"

"It's about time we pay Mr Finch a visit, no?" Cass drawled, the Doctor nodding beside her in agreement.

As they walked away, she leaned closer to him and whispered, "When you notice the two giggling loudly about something later, just don't ask. Save me the headache please."

He grinned,  turning to her, "So they'll make up, then? Because you were right, the constant jabs were beginning to grate on my nerves."

"I'm always right, and yes." She smirked, before growing serious and adding, "He's waiting for us by the pool, so we should start heading there."

And he was.

The minute the doors opened, Cass found herself shoved lightly behind the alien, somewhat shielded from Brother Lassa's view.

"Who are you?" The Doctor asked, stepping even further in front of his tether when he noticed the Krillitane glancing at her with interest as he intoned, "My name is Brother Lassa. And you?"

"The Doctor. Since when did Krillitanes have wings?"

"It's been our form for nearly ten generations, now. Our ancestors invaded Bessan. The people there had some rather lovely wings. They made a million widows in one day, just imagine."