55

welcome back babes.
things are brewing...

His arm was around me as we had our backs pressed along a brick wall in a dark alleyway

His arm was around me as we had our backs pressed along a brick wall in a dark alleyway. The air was crisp but not necessarily cold. We had gotten back from Nevada the day prior to the mission, Harry contacting Jason one last time to finalize and get more details before we headed out.

Harry was not in a good mood today. He was a bit on edge, not particularly rude, but he had his moments. He then felt bad about snapping at me and apologized profusely, but I understood completely. He's not just watching out for himself anymore, he's watching out for me too. 

"Gotta be quiet for me, yeah? I know you've had practice." He whispers, both of us still pressed against the wall of the building. The department store was far out of town, more in a woodsy area. The oil roads and tall trees could attest to this part of California. It took a long while to get there, and then we had to walk an extra quarter of a mile so our car was not at the scene.

Harry made me dress in complete black. Black leggings, his black sweatshirt, black beanie, and black combat boots.

His black clothes mainly. I think there was a part of him that required that to have the satisfaction of seeing me in his clothing. I didn't mind it, I thought it was endearing.

'You're not being quiet." I told him back, even softer as he peeks his head around to see further down the road behind the building we were pressed against.

He needed to see his target spot.

His eyes snap back to mine with the first hint of humor within the green that I've seen today. On edge Harry is definitely not my favorite Harry.

"Okay, this is what we are going to do. Stay here, hidden behind the wall. I'm taking the drugs to be placed behind the building, taking the money that will be in its place. When I get back, you hold the money while I try to figure out a safe way out of here. If Jason wants proof that you are here, your hand prints are on the bag."

Is he serious right now? That's basically just incriminating myself. Does he not remember I have no interest in being involved in this whatsoever. I'm doing this for the safety of myself, him, and my family.

"Harry, that's ridiculous. If we get caught both of our handprints will be on it essentially taking us both down." My whisper scold brought me a bit into the sunlight, my back no longer fully pressed against the wall. Harry's hand flattens over my stomach and gently pushes me back into the wall, reminding me to stay put.

His pointer finger touches his lips and his eyes scold me. On any other day or time, I would be offended and probably snap back at him, but I have to remember he knows what he's doing. He is trained for this. He is experienced.

"Grant disabled the security footage for everything within a 500 foot radius of us like always. The only thing that could get us caught is if we are slow or someone set us up." His voice is in such a low volume I have to lean my ear so close to him in order to hear him. His lips brush my hair as he pushes himself more into me to hide us as we speak.