𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮

CHAPTER SIXTY
"The W men"
——

From the lookout tower, Spencer attempts to snipe several members of the Wolves, one of which he sees carving a 'W' into the forehead of a dead Alexandrian, but only manages to kill one of them

From the lookout tower, Spencer attempts to snipe several members of the Wolves, one of which he sees carving a 'W' into the forehead of a dead Alexandrian, but only manages to kill one of them. Spencer notices a cargo truck as it hurtles toward the main gate. Spencer shoots the truck driver and the truck crashes into the wall, causing the horn to blare – the same horn that drew the walker herd Daryl, Abraham and Sasha were simultaneously leading away from Alexandria. Spencer tries to get out of the lookout tower to stop the horn, but the door is blocked.

"Morgan!" Jane calls out as she gets closer to Morgan in the woods. "What?" He asks. "Rick told me to join you and make sure you didn't get into any trouble" Jane says as she catches her breath. "Then let's stop that horn" Morgan says and him and Jane run towards the horn and see a large truck that looked like it was heading straight for Alexandria.

Once Spencer finally reaches the truck he hesitates when he finds a walker inside. Morgan and Jane arrived just in time to kill the walker and stop the horn. "Spencer, What happened?" Jane asks as she looks over at Spencer from the passenger seat of the Truck. "Someone, a group, they got inside the walls. They're killing people" Spencer answers and Jane looks over at Morgan. "We need to get in there" Morgan says and Jane looks over at Spencer who looks terrified.

"Do you have any type of knife?" Jane asks looking at him and he nods his head. "Two" Spencer answers and Jane nods her head. "Hide in the truck. Morgan and I will go in" Jane says and Spencer nods his head before Morgan helps Jane down from the truck and they both run inside Alexandria and see a man with a W on his forehead cutting off the legs of an alexandrian in the middle of the road. Jane and Morgan stop in their tracks and grab the attention of the man while screaming floods their ears. The man starts running towards Jane and Morgan and both Jane and Morgan get in position with their staff.

"Quick... or slow..." The man offers as he points his axe at Jane and Morgan. "Neither" Jane answers and the man chuckles as he swings axe back and fourth. "Gonna be slow" The man says as he rushes towards Jane and Jane pulls out her knife from her boot and spins around out of the man's way before he can hit her with his axe and she and another person come up beside the man and both stab him in the side and watch him fall to the ground.

The person removes their mask and it's revealed to be Carol. "Carol" Jane greets before she bends down and stabs the W man in the head so doesn't turn. "I could've stopped" Morgan states and Jane rolls her eyes as she stands to her feet and wipes the blood off her knife. "The others back?" Carol asks and Jane shakes her head as she slips her knife back in her boot and holds her staff. "No" Jane answers while Carol puts blood from the W man onto her forehead, creating a W.

"These people don't have guns" Carol states and Jane shakes her head. "I could have stopped him. You shouldn't have done that, that's not what I taught you" Morgan argues as he points to Jane angrily. "Morgan—". "Did you hear me?! You don't have to kill people" Morgan states and Carol furrows her eyebrows. "Of course we do," she snaps.

"That's not what I taught you" Morgan states again and Jane scoffs. "Do you hear that? That screaming? Those are our people screaming because there lives are being taken by these psychos! I know it's not what you taught me but whatever you taught me was obviously bullshit if you're telling me I shouldn't have killed this man!" Jane argues as she points to the dead man on the ground her and Carol killed together.

Jane, Morgan and Carol go their separate ways. Jane sneaks through the streets of Alexandria, finding hiding spots as some wolves past her up. She sees one of Jessie's kids Ron walking oblivious in the street and up to his house. As Jane hides behind the bushes she sees a women wolf start to creep her way inside the back of Jessie's house.

"Shit" Jane mumbles and starts to run along the side of Jessie's house. Inside, Jessie hears Ron arrive home. She emerges from the closet to warn Ron away. But when she gets downstairs, a Wolf woman attacks her and knocks her gun from her hands. Jane rushes in from the back of the house and sees the women attacking Jessie. "Hey!" Jane screams and the women turns around, notices Jane and starts lunging towards her. Jane uses her staff to hit the women before she got any closer. "Ahhh!" The women screamed as she got back like nothing happened and tackled Jane to the ground. "Ugh!" Jane grunts as she kicks the women repeatedly in her ribs managing to get the women off of her. "Jane!" Jessie screams and Jane sees Jessie in the kitchen with some scissors. "This is gonna hurt" Jane mumbles as she grabs the women by her hair and smashes her head up against the wall, making the women fall back into the kitchen. Jessie grabs the women by the back of her neck and repeatedly stabs the woman in the chest as Ron looks on before stabbing her in the head to prevent reanimation.

Jessie and Jane lock eyes and Jane sends her a nod as Jessie does the same while Jane picks up her staff from the ground. "I need to check on Carl and Judith. I will be right back" Jane says and Jessie nods her head as she watches Jane leave out the back door. Jane makes her way over to Rick's house and rushes in seeing Carl reading a note.

"Carl!" Jane calls out and Carl is pulled out of his trance and lets out a breath of relief and rushes towards Jane and hugs her while she does the same. "How's Judith?" Jane asks as she pulls away from the hug and places a hand on Carl's shoulder. "She's safe. My dad?" Carl asks and Jane nods her head, "Safe" Jane answers as she catches her breath and pulls Carl in for one last hug.

WORD COUNT: 1099

WORD COUNT: 1099