𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣

Freddy placed you down at the top of the stairwell and promptly ejected Gregory from his chest. The lights behind his eyes were starting to fade and his speech became slurred as he shuffled forward into the room. 

"I am terribly sorry...but I must enter the recharge station," he said, sounding nothing less than remorseful as he eyed the massive red cylinder in the corner of the room. They were scattered all over the Plex so the animatronics could recharge whenever their batteries began to empty.

"Woah, hang on a sec," you pleaded, skating to a stop in front of him and putting your hands against his chest to make him halt in his path. "How am I supposed to get him out of here without you?"

"You said you'd protect us!" Gregory cried, joining you in blinking up at Freddy with wide tearful eyes.

"I need to finish my recharge cycle before I can go on any further," Freddy said, sounding guilty. You knew it wasn't his fault in the slightest. "But I will guide you through your headset."

A little mechanical beep sounded through your earpiece and a wave of reassurance washed over you. "O-Okay," you nodded shakily. This was no different from what you did all day. You were fine. Everything was fine.

Gregory was not nearly as convinced.

"I can't do this alone!" He said stubbornly. You knew the telltale signs of a tantrum when you saw them.

Freddy put one large hand on his shoulder and kneeled so that they were at eye level with each other. "You're not alone, Gregory. You'll have my little helper with you. She can do anything that I can do."

The door of the recharge station opened and Freddy slipped inside, offering you one last supportive wave before the revolving door clicked shut, sealing him inside. The cylinder began to hum as new energy was pumped into his battery. It would take upwards of an hour before he'd be able to leave. Hopefully, if everything went according to plan, you would both be long gone by then.

With Freddy gone, Gregory looked up at you expectantly and you frowned. "You are not climbing inside of my chest cavity."

He rolled his eyes and walked toward the service doors that led into the main entrance hall. "Let's go."

You used your security pass to unlock the door and held it open for him. It was just as dark on the other side as it had been in the tunnels. The main hall was only illuminated by a series of blacklights that ran across the ceiling.

"Do you have to wear those or are you just weird?" Gregory asked, eyeing your roller skates with slight disinterest.

For a caught stowaway, he sure was acting like a prick.

"Both," you said, matching his nonchalant-ness before checking your watch. Six minutes. You could definitely make it. "My real shoes are in my locker. I can grab them after I see you out."

"You're not coming with me?"

"Don't worry about it. My job is getting you out of here. Your only job is letting me do my job. Okay?"

Gregory seemed a little put off by that — now dragging his feet along the neon carpet instead of walking eagerly beside you. You loved kids; otherwise, you wouldn't even have this job. But you never truly understood them as well as the band did.

There was a loud sound–like a record scratch–as a voice came over the intercom of the main lobby.

"Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizza Plex will be closing in less than five minutes! Thank you for choosing to spend your evenings with Fazbear Entertainment!"