Chapter 1

The blood, the screaming, gunshots...

You remember your mother pulling you into your bedroom and shoving you under your bed.

'Stay quiet, mummy and daddy love you (Y/N), you watch the tears flow down her rosy cheeks, you've never seen her so frightened, so defeated, 'you need to stay hidden, promise me that', she waited for you to answer which you nodded.

'I love you sweetie'.

'I love you too mummy'.

With that, she disapeared, the blanket blocking your view, but you could hear her hurried footsteps as she rushed down the hall. 
You couldn't decipher what she was saying, but you flinched when she screamed, a gunshot was heard followed by something hitting the hard wooden floor.

Mummy?... Daddy?

You hold still, trying your best not to panic when you hear heavy footsteps coming towards your bedroom.
The door opens and the hallway light floods into the room and you slowly edge away from the edge under the bed. You watch the shoes closely as they slowly made their way over to the closet. The one place they would go to to look.
But the second place they would go to was... Oh no...You try your best to hold your breath as the boots made their way over to your bed, and you were ready, you were ready to bolt when the bed moved. You nearly screamed when the bed jerked, but you were suddenly saved by a voice from downstairs.

'Fuck! We have to go, the cops are down the road!'

The intruder rushed out of the room and you breath a sigh of relief. You were safe... For now that is.