Chapter 14

☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎Today's the day!▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆

*María's POV*

I was up before anyone else in Casita. I managed to wriggle out of Antonio's grip and head straight to the kitchen. I put a kettle of hot water on the stove to boil as I waited for Julieta to come down and start to prepare the food as always. And just as I thought Julieta came down in her gorgeous blue dress to start off the day. I poured two cups of tea for us and we began our work. We chatted for what felt like hours. Mirabel came down shortly after to set the table, I helped her with that. We were laughing and chatting until three little kids popped their heads out of a Bush in Casita's garden.

'When is the gift ceremony happening!?' One shouted.

'Antonio's gift ceremony is tonight' I reply. I put down the Forks and knives as Mirabel puts down the plates.

'What's his gift!' One of the girls shouts.

'We're going to find out!' Mirabel says.

'What's your gift?' The one with the coffee cup asks. I chuckle.

'Who's asking?' I asks jokingly.

'Us!!' They reply in union.

'Well "us" i can't just talk about myself, I'm only part of the amazing Madrigals' she says as she points to the family tree on the wall by the kitchen table.

'Who's part of the amazing Madrigals!?' The say together again. I laugh and Mirabel looks at me.

'Their not going to leave us alone are they?' She asks me.

I shake my head. 'Casita help us out' I say.

'Drawers!' Mirabel points to Casita's drawers.

'Floors!' I say as the floors ruffle like a wave while I'm in the centre of it. We then ran upstairs infront of Señora Alma's glowing door.

'Doors!!' We both say in union. The doors shone bright gold. 'Let's go!!' We cheer.

This is our home~
We've got every generation~
So full of music, a rhythm of its own design~
This is my family, a perfect constellation~
So many stars and everybody gets to shine~

Whoa!

I then begin after Mirabel finishes that.

But let's be clear Alma runs this show~
Whoa!
She led ye here so many years ago~
Whoa!
And every year their family blessings grow~
Whoa!
There's simply a lot you've simply got to know, so~

Mirabel then joins in with me to sing the next part.

Welcome to the family Madrigal~

The home of the family Madrigal~
We're on our way~
Where all the people are fantastical and magical~
I'm part of the family Madrigal~