Chapter 4

"S.T.A.F.F bots don't see you if I'm in front of you" Monty said, as you stood beside him, his body guarding you from the light of a passing security bot.

"Seems so" You added simply.

You'd both decided that the next place to go was up toward the security station that covered all cameras over the Pizza Plex. A point of advantage. Which may also have a higher tier security pass.

Vanessa had briefly took you over there on your first shift, god knows how you'd forgot the directions after less than 24 hours.

"You don't remember the directions" Monty paused, scowling down at you when you'd made the announcement that you didn't have a clue where to go.

"I know it's on the third floor?" You frowned, shrugging your shoulders. The gator pinched his muzzle with his thumb and index finger, sighing.

"Third floor it is" Monty continued, exiting the hallway toward the second floor. You followed sheepishly behind.

Finding a set of stairs, Monty opened the door toward the echoey stairway.

"Ladies first" The gator remarked, opening the door for you to walk into. You looked up and nodded in thanks before entering quickly. Again, those butterflies knotted your stomach uncomfortably. It was only a flight or two of stairs that led toward the second floor atrium, to your ease as any more stairs would feel you too exhausted to continue.

You felt your legs ache as you walked your way up the first flight of stairs, Monty's hard feet shaking the metal staircase behind you.

"Jes' never thought that scratch was that bad" you mumbled to yourself, looking down at your bandaged thigh, wincing slightly as you touched it.

"We'll find a first aid station soon" Monty replied, nudging you upward to the second flight of stairs. The gator walked behind you, as if you guide you and keep your balance with his presence; it worked surprisingly.

Both of you made your way toward the second floor, where the stairs stopped.

"Fuck sake" you cursed, sighing, before kicking the doors open with your good leg. Monty chuckled as you did so.

"Thought I was bad" he remarked with a tease. You replied with a huff, before making your way toward the entrance of the second floor atrium. Yourself and Monty hid from sight by a corner just before the doors, allowing you both to scan the second floor atrium. The gaming floor, it seemed.

Monty gold, Fazer blast, Roxy's raceway (which was under construction) and Mazercise made up the areas of the second floor, all areas based upon the Glamrock animatronics. The gaming floor had a lush golden fountain of Freddy himself, similar to the booshy appearance of the daycare this pristine floor had a vermillion carpet, with the faces of all the glamrock animatronics, chuckling quietly as you saw the awkward face of a Monty on the floor. The lights were blue and golden, brightening the second floor atrium with a warm shine.

The warm feeling of this floor was dissolved however as you looked upon the multitude of S.T.A.F.F bots circulating most parts of the area. Your eyes widened as you saw Roxanne looming around the fountain.

"Shit" you whispered silently, stepping back with Monty, and hiding behind a corner just before the entrance of the Second floor atrium.