Chapter 13 - shes your daughter

" MOMMY! " Serenity yelled as she saw me

" come here baby " I said holding my hands out to pick her up.

" Finally- I'll see you two later " he said and kissed Serenity on the forehead before running out.

" um okay.. " I said going to the door and locked it.

" so what are we going to do? " I asked the smiling baby in my arms.

" don't go mommy " she said as I sat down.

" I won't " I said giving her a smile and grabbed the remote.

I already graduated so there's no point in school, so I'm gonna just say fuck it and not go.

" what do you want to watch? " I asked looking at her even though she can't reply to me.

" MEMO! " she yelled.

Oh- never mind.

I went on Hulu and found Nemo- that's so funny because you know " finding Nemo " and I said I " found Nemo "..? Ah you wouldn't get it.

When the movie started playing I grabbed my phone and turned it off before getting comfortable with Serenity in my arms.

Just looking at the creation I made.. I understood the assignment, and everything about her melts my heart.

I don't want her to grow up like I did, I'll die protecting her, I'll do anything for her.

I ran my hands through her hair as she watched the movie and I wanted nothing less.

< DIANA'S POV >

" I don't care, bring your ass back down here now! " my mom said through the phone angrily.

" Mom I'll be there " I said and the phone hung up.

What the hell man..

" So you have to go today? " Stephanie asked from beside me.

" sadly.. but the thing is I don't want to go! " I said starting to get angry.

" I get it and I know Janessa will too "  she said as we sat down and pulled the food out of the bag.

Yes we're skipping- yes we door dashed.

" when do you think you'll be back? " she asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

" it's only Monday- hopefully this weekend " I said seriously and it went silent.

" you'll be fine.. " she trailed off.

" can I ask- what the hell are you really doing here? "  I asked after a few seconds and she looked at me confused.

" what? " she asked.